Sitting Members - One At A Time (19) Tony Brown

Lonan3

Would you vote for  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm not absolutely sure, but I think Tony Brown was returned unopposed last time which, in my opinion, is not good for democracy. The fact is that I also have strong opinions about this member which I will express somewhere near the end of the allotted period.

However, the decision - as always - is yours. If you were able to cast a vote in his constituency, would you cast it for him?

Can't vouch for how he's done in his constituency but I don't like the way he seems to be sneaking into the race for chief minister by doing precisely nothing but wearing a wig for five years.

Voted no. Actually, if there had been an option, I'd have voted Noooooooooooooooo!

I'm not absolutely sure, but I think Tony Brown was returned unopposed last time which, in my opinion, is not good for democracy.

From the following website:

IoM Elections Website 2006

"James Anthony BROWN has been re-elected un-opposed"

I think iomelections.com is an excellent website with past results and manifestos and plenty of other information, including local authority elections.

These threads are good to find opinions of the standing members and I hope nearer the time (177 days to go it says on the above website!!) and once nominations close we will have a chance to assess whether or not to vote for all the other candidates including new hopefuls.

ok what the hell, you have no idea how hard he has worked to get where he is, you think all he does is sit in a wig, that just proves you have no idea what he does and how much he has to give up so he can help the island, he has never lost an election so he is obviously doing his job very well and the fact that he got put forward and voted in as speaker also shows that the other members of the house support him and know he can do the job.

One one hand, it's hard to be supportive of a candidate who (even through no fault of his own) was elected without opposition.

On the other, he looks like a bit like a toby jug.

Hm. It's a difficult choice.

"James Anthony BROWN has been re-elected un-opposed"

And as for Malew another "elected un-opposed". What's going on down south? This apathy is bad news for anywhere.

Kodak747 Posted Today, 05:21 PM ... and how much he has to give up so he can help the island ... he has never lost an election blah blah

He's not done too badly for himself has he? What has he sacrificed precisely?

Even if I am paying for it, I'd swap his salary + expenses + pension for mine any day.

As far as I'm concerned Tony Brown is an architypal grandstanding politician.

Mr Speaker is a perfect role for him and he's good at it, using it to increase his profile.

He's been a politician a long time and I think he knows how to use the system. Any opposition candidate would have a difficult job getting elected. For me that's a shame as Mr Speaker represents the old style politics I think the Isle of Man doesn't need anymore.

As far as I'm concerned Tony Brown is an architypal grandstanding politician.

Mr Speaker is a perfect role for him and he's good at it, using it to increase his profile.

He's been a politician a long time and I think he knows how to use the system. Any opposition candidate would have a difficult job getting elected. For me that's a shame as Mr Speaker represents the old style politics I think the Isle of Man doesn't need anymore.

Watch what you post. Remember the Zapata uprising. We don't want any trouble in Castletown.

Emiliano Zapata

Archived