"rock The Rock"

Ahh bless festival snobbery! It's not a festival unless everyones mashed off their faces and prancing round in bad fancy dress?

Not really Slim but, if thats what you think of the festivals I go to, good for you, guess we wont be seeing you there then.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and i bet ya when the tickets for locals go on sale they will be double that, as we will have to support the visitors.... but, no we aren't allowed to be involved in the spirit of festivals by camping, we have to go home every night!!!!

Not really, cost of boat tickets and trains etc would push it up quite a bit beyond that. However most people in England could go to a proper festival for that, and the suggestion that these tickets will be "early bird" tickets at that price makes me think that they will be more expensive later on.

Not really, cost of boat tickets and trains etc would push it up quite a bit beyond that. However most people in England could go to a proper festival for that, and the suggestion that these tickets will be "early bird" tickets at that price makes me think that they will be more expensive later on.

I think you are dead right on that one Ean, they are going to have to pull something pretty specatcular out of the hat to compete with the likes of T, Oxegen, Reading and Leeds etc.

God forgive me for being a pessimist, as I would love to see it come to fruition, but I am not holding my breath :(

You'd think they'd model it on the Isle of Wight festival

But then... I suppose for a festival it's the going rate - you pay £20+ for one band over here at the Villa - if there was a confirmed band or two £110 really isn't that unreasonable with overheads

Every year people buy Glastonbury tickets without knowing who will be on. To me, a festival is about the people there and the spirit of the festival, meeting up with mates and having a bloody good time, the bands are a bonus. The people who live in Glastonbury get reduced (maybe even free) rate tickets (like wise for the Isle Of Wight people for Bestival and IOW festival) I doubt that will happen here. Festivals take a while to get good (or get spoiled like V) I'm thinking to kick off a festival with 35,000 people may be a mistake, start small, get a good rep and build on it. If I was going to have a festival I would get 1 name band with good followers and make the rest up with World music, discos and great stalls for food and general festival shopping. Food is important at Festivals, if the TT catering is anything to go by, they are going to need ample toilet provisions. I'd love to be involved in setting up a little festi, it would be ace.

• 4 weeks later...

WOW i cant wait to get my tickets tomorrow!

i'll just check and see who's been confirmed on the offcial website.....

oh. ok. mabey i'll just spend £110 on a ticket to see an empty stage for 3 days!

MAIN STAGE

Friday - 27th July 2007

TBC

Saturday - 28th July 2007

TBC

Sunday - 29th July 2007

TBC

DANCE TENT

Saturday - 28th July 2007

TBC

Sunday - 29th July 2007

TBC

If the organisers can’t confirm anyone by now with less than six months to the start of the festival season what chance do they have of getting any decent bands (or any that have had a hit this century)?

Every year people buy Glastonbury tickets without knowing who will be on.

Yes that is a fair point.

But then again if you turned up at Glastonbury and the Bootleg Friggin Beatles and some bloke from Smokie whose last hit was in 1973 were on you'd not be coming back next year.

Its a great idea this concert BUT they really need to give definitive information, not just sling ideas around in an attempt to grab peoples imagination. Its just building people up for disappointment.

Archived