"rock The Rock"

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers Lonan, you know everything :) I've only been to the 'cheap northern' WOMAD but I've heard tell the Southern one is much bigger and better, I quite enjoyed the cheap northern version myself and I can bring my children there.

Hi B4ambi, hope you and the missus had a nice festive season, yeah mini hippy by name but sadly not by nature...the nature states that he is a BOY and is a very busy one at that.

GOMH :o noooooo, you are not right! I think you should stop going to that Thailand place, its making you weird....

Bestival is the business, small, well run, fab people - we made loads of new festie friends and will hope to see them again this year :) good bands but not 'huge names'. Its a nice place to camp at but Im sure it will be close to a hotel the IOW is really small. There were a few chavs there, not loads though and they were laughed at by the men dressed in tutu's - possibly the best festival I have ever been to, in many ways - the car park is close to the camping, the camping is close to the Arenas and the park where it is held is absolutley beautiful and the people who go are lovely, food, OMG the pies.. too much.. the queue for these pies went for miles, they were lamb with mint and potatoes - deeeeeeelicious and worth the wait, not that there aren't loads of other really good food vendors there, they have all kinds of foods there, its such a good festival - I love it and will still go when I'm 65, I might even dress up then, Im far to young and sensible to dress up now ;)

People pay as it keeps the festivals going, enables the organisers to get the groups the festival goers want to see.

I saw a fence scaler getting empaled on a fastening hook, serves them right. Fuckin pikeys! hope they get pneumono­ultra­micro­scopic­silico­volcano­coniosis

Edited as i couldn't spell pneumono­ultra­micro­scopic­silico­volcano­coniosis

Lol, lol @ everybody. Listen up, a festival is not a festival if you've paid to get in. Only a buffoon would do that. GO OVER THE WALL/FENCE!!! Some people are SOOO naive. Anyone who's ever paid for Glastonbury, hang your mug head in shame, lol,lol...

Every post you make leads me closer and closer to thinking you really are that much of a twat and you aren't just a troll.

People pay as it keeps the festivals going, enables the organisers to get the groups the festival goers want to see.

Maybe so, but if eg Glastonbury was limited to the numbers that they are legally licensed for and are restricted to selling tickets for it would be crap. They get many more times that number of people in.

It's cunts like you that mean Glasto has more and more trouble each year with the local council and police. Hence the big security fence installed for 2002. So whilst professing your brilliance and how the festival scene relies on you to exist you haven't actually been to Glasto for (at least) 4 years (okay one was its fallow year, so 3 festivals)

It's cunts like you that mean Glasto has more and more trouble each year with the local council and police. Hence the big security fence installed for 2002. So whilst professing your brilliance and how the festival scene relies on you to exist you haven't actually been to Glasto for (at least) 4 years (okay one was its fallow year, so 3 festivals)

Is that right you little dickhead. Well it's cunts like you that don't have a clue about the culture of festivals and have turned Glastonbury into the commercial piece of exploitative tat that it has become, just so poncey little students like you can pretend they're a hippy for a weekend. And don't blame me for anything at Glasto, I haven't been anywhere near since those crooks @ Mean Fiddler got involved. I remember Glastonbury before it even went to Glastonbury when Hawkwind used to headline it at Stonehenge and it was run by the biker gangs. Probably before you were born. You wanker.

He has a point Glastonbury is a horrible festival. But there are plenty of fee paying festivals that are good. It's not charges that make Glasto so bad, it's the scumbag that runs it, and all that hippy-capitalist shit that goes with it. It's fair enough to be a commercial venture - just be honest about it, don't wrap it up in sub-Branson new age mumbo jumbo.

I remember Glastonbury before it even went to Glastonbury when Hawkwind used to headline it at Stonehenge and it was run by the biker gangs. Probably before you were born. You wanker.

I thought glasto has always been run by michael eavis, i may be wrong but him and his wife set it up in the 60's in the same place its at now.

Archived