"rock The Rock"

I remember Glastonbury before it even went to Glastonbury when Hawkwind used to headline it at Stonehenge and it was run by the biker gangs. Probably before you were born. You wanker.

How can you remeber glastonbury before it went to glastonbury :huh: The Glastonbury festival has only ever been at glastonbury since the first one in 1970.

Whatever you are reffering to at stonehenge had no connection to the glastonbury festival.

Hawkwind played at stonehenge in a totally seperate thing to the glastonbury festival in 1984.

and on the subject of rock the rock i have taken this information from another forum.

Business Name ROCK THE ROCK MUSIC FESTIVAL

Number 020130B

Place of Business Apartment 28, Magher Breek

Ballawattleworth Estate

Peel, IM5 1XD

Date of Registration 03/11/2006

(the above freely available at the IOM Financial Supervision Commission)

This is the details of the company running rock the rock. They expect people to pay up front £110 to a company registered two months ago to a flat in peel for a concert with no confirmed bands? :lol:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought glasto has always been run by michael eavis, i may be wrong but him and his wife set it up in the 60's in the same place its at now.

Yeah, he did run a twee little folky affair on occasional years, which took off when the crusties got evicted from Salisbury Plain and moved to the Pilton site. Battle of the Beanfield anyone, lol, happy days. When bands used to perform for free just for the cred......

How can you remeber glastonbury before it went to glastonbury :huh: The Glastonbury festival has only ever been at glastonbury since the first one in 1970.

Whatever you are reffering to at stonehenge had no connection to the glastonbury festival.

My point is that it was the Stonehenge crews that made Glastonbury what it is. (or rather was, until the late 90's)

My point is that it was the Stonehenge crews that made Glastonbury what it is. (or rather was, until the late 90's)

Yes, the guys in 2800 B.C. really set the standards!

Mean fiddler ran a pretty good event years ago called tribal gathering.... t'was a good one!

I went to the first one in Warminster (before mean fiddler got involved) That was wicked. Then the criminal justice bill came along and outfits like the mean fiddler (mates with new labour) came along. The rest is history....... Spiral Tribe had a much better ethos.

yeah because glastonbury would be nothing today only for them biker gangs :blink:

yeah because glastonbury would be nothing today only for them biker gangs :blink:

I have no idea. But these days it is as far removed from the free festival scene that they were running as it is possible to get. It is just a large pop concert that people happily get ripped off to enter that is controlled by the authorities and run by New Labours mates. It's all rather uncool in fact. It used to be fantastic. But then that's the way of things isn't it - same with the dance music scene - you know that once the majority of yoof has got into it, it's certainly past it's best.

Ahh yes, i can see your e-penis growing keyboarder. So essentially your claims are based on festivals over 16-17 years ago? Bet back then you didn't think you'd be lecturing some young person on "how things were better in my day". Turns out you did end up like every generation before you, so much for you being a real hippy. Enjoy your bitterness, i'll get on with enjoying my youth and making the best of what's available.

I have no idea. But these days it is as far removed from the free festival scene that they were running as it is possible to get. It is just a large pop concert that people happily get ripped off to enter that is controlled by the authorities and run by New Labours mates. It's all rather uncool in fact. It used to be fantastic. But then that's the way of things isn't it - same with the dance music scene - you know that once the majority of yoof has got into it, it's certainly past it's best.

one point, glastonbury festival has never been free, so stop comparing the glastonbury festival to something different that you attended years ago.

Have you eevn been to the glastonbury festival in the last 10 years,? (or ever)it is still fantastic.

Lol @ Ean, a penis eh? And I'm not lecturing you, you're lecturing me you funny thing. I'd gladly just totally ignore you actually but I don't take kindly to your overly offensive insults. And I'm not a hippy, never have been, and I'm certainly not bitter. If you don't like what you call my trolling posts, don't respond to them, that's just fine by me.

You're wrong mate, Glastonbury is shit because it is full of hippies. Healing Tents, New Age Bullshit, Green Fields, Christians dragging crosses from Bristol, environmentalists, Michael bloody Eavis, and fucking mimes.

glastonbury festival has never been free,

Oh ok, whatever. Now go away.

go away. why? because i'm right? you go away, idiot living in the past.

You're wrong mate, Glastonbury is shit because it is full of hippies. Healing Tents, New Age Bullshit, Green Fields, Christians dragging crosses from Bristol, environmentalists, Michael bloody Eavis, and fucking mimes.

there is so much more to glastonbury that that. I don't see half the stuff you've mentioned, i know it's there but if you don't want to see it, it's easy to avoid as there is a lot more going on.

but who cares if you don't like it, one less person in the rush for tickets :)

Archived