The Last Film You Saw....

jagman

don't know how I'd missed this...watched the Hudsucker Proxy for the first time last nite. hahaha brilliant stuff from the Coen Bro's

The Hudsucker Proxy is my favourite Coen brothers film by far. Also I can't stand Fargo. I keep trying to watch it but the accents just grate too much.

watched Quatum of Solace last nite...really enjoyed it, got to admit Daniel Craig is a fantastic Bond. Really looking forward to the next one ( and possibly his last?!? )

Didn't think much of it myself. Thought the story didn't get going and the baddie turned out to be a Utility Company and what was that building at the end made out of to make it blow up so easily.

I watched Fred Claus on Sunday afternoon. Oh dear! As bad as rubbing a rusty grater on my unmentionables. I think Vince Vaughan was actually swapped out for a fat hairy potato in a leather jacket a few years ago - you couldn't tell from the acting standard.

I then followed it up with the Coen's 'The Man Who Wasn't There' which is a truly outstanding piece of work.

Swings and roundabouts...

Went with the family to see Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa last night.

The kids enjoyed it.

I found it absolutely dire.

The penguins were the only characters who even raised a smile.

A quick head count - less than 40 people in the cinema.

i saw this the other week, i dont watch many kids films, but i found quite funny in places, mostly the penguins, they had some great lines, but the story was pants and it all seemed to happen so easily.......

Just saw an interview about Gonzo: The life of Hunter S Thompson and the trailer for Wolverine. Both of them look brilliant.

Apparently there's a re make of I Spit on Your Grave coming out next year. Not sure what to make of that yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Outlaw with Sean Bean, Danny Dyer, Bob Hoskins.

Absolutely awful film. :lol: Waste of time.

It's about a group of people fed up with the violence in the UK. Sean Bean is a soldier just back from a tour of duty, finds his wife with someone else. Danny Dyer gets beaten up after a car accident. Lennie James is a barrister whose pregnant wife gets killed by a member of the gang he is trying to prosecute in court. Another member, a student was attacked and put in hospital and wants to get his own back on his attackers.

They form a vigilante group to bring down primarily the gang that killed the barristers wife.

Despite having a good cast, the pace was slow and story poor. They all seemed to be able to use guns regardless of what background they came from. (Sean Bean, the soldier being the exception). And everyone seemed to be able to leave their day jobs when they wanted to do their vigilante work. When it became too dangerous the vigilantes left town for a bit, again no questions asked by workplaces, friends or family as to where they had been! And they all drove about in an inconspicuous black Land Rover Discovery.

When it became too dangerous the vigilantes left town for a bit, again no questions asked by workplaces, friends or family as to where they had been! And they all drove about in an inconspicuous black Land Rover Discovery.

I think i've seen something like that before?

ateam.jpg

When it became too dangerous the vigilantes left town for a bit, again no questions asked by workplaces, friends or family as to where they had been! And they all drove about in an inconspicuous black Land Rover Discovery.

I think i've seen something like that before?

ateam.jpg

:lol: Thinking about it now, it does seem very similar!

Can recommend Rise Of The Footsoldier. Based on the true story of Carlton Leach and associates. Carlton worked his way up from football casual in the ICF to feared Essex gangster. The story starts briefly in the 70's but is mainly focused on his "career" during the 80's and 90's, building up to the Rettendon Range Rover murders of 1995

A fast paced film that grips the attention from start to finish.