The Last Film You Saw....

jagman

Saw Frost/Nixon last night, wasn't a bad film (might as well skip the first disc though).

I thought that Frost/Nixon was excellent - 100%. But then it's the sort of thing I'm interested in. Frost as much as Nixon.

Benjamin Button was ggod. Normal people will like that too.

Finally got round to watching Mamma mia the other day....omg what a load of crap.

To all those people who told me it was hilarious and they could watch it over and over again....are you mad?

I can only assume the actors must have been paid an extortionate amount of money to humiliate themselves to such a degree! :whatever:

Watched Wanted last night.

Very slick film.

Sort of like a dark humourous Matrix style film. Some of the action scenes in it are truly amazing. Great camera work and great sound.

Rise of a Footsoldier

Was ok I thought, very much in the mould of Football Factory, set in the early 1990s and apparently based on a true storey :/.

Surprised you say its in the mould of Football Factory, as apart from the first bit where he started off in football hooliganism, the majority of it was about being a smalltime gangster running the doors in clubs.

You are right, it was based on the true story of the "Range Rover murders". Some of the news footage used near the end of the film was real footage.

A good film though I did enjoy it.

Most of these films, Football Factory/Green Street/Essex Boys are good. We seem to be good at making these sort of films.

Slumdog Millionaire, very good, nice that it was hyped because its a good film not because its a blockbuster its not everyones cup of tea tho, the kids were fantastic in it.

- 4 Stars

Tropic Thunder, brilliant, all star cast all of which are great in it and i dont like american comedys but this was actual comedy Tom Cruise was excellent as was Jack "work the pipe, taste the gravy" Black. Some great Apocalypse Now references too.

- 4 Stars

Defiance, Daniel Craig in WW2 forest saving Jews, not a bad watch if you like the subject matter

- 2.5 Stars

RockNRolla More Guy Richie showing off and 10 years too late its like he just used all the reject ideas from Lock Stock, i especially liked the opening were Londons skyline is shown and the viewer is told about the rocketing property prices and bricks and mortar being "safe as 'ouses guv", doh!. some bits were enjoyable but pretty much a fail.

- 1.5 Stars

Most of these films, Football Factory/Green Street/Essex Boys are good. We seem to be good at making these sort of films.

Anyone remember ID? That was the best of the lot in my view.

I don't think I've seen that one. I'll need to try and get it. Something rings a bell about it so maybe I have seen it in the past and forgotten about it.