Peel Music Festival

When Skies Are Grey

Can some one explain how the token system works, do you go to one till to buy tokens then take the tokens to the bar to buy drinks? why?

and do I as a vip have to cue with all the peasants, or do I get a seperate fast track to the bar?

vip tent has its own bar, very little queing.

Went like this....

Park up, wait ages for venue to open, watch blokes putting scaffold up at rear of tent till about 4-30.

On entry to ground, go into vip tent. On entry get programme and 6 tokens worth £1-50 for bar. Entry ticket gets top ripped a bit in exchange for welcoming glass of champagne. Pint Okells £3-00 at bar, bottles Carling £3-00 also. Cash bar available too IIRC.

A very good night, apart from the teething troubles !!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fabulous night.

No complaints at all, except for the biting. biting cold.

Didn't bother with the bar - spent 30 seconds buying a soft drink.

Parking good (£3.50 on line, shared between 5 people) - general organisation very good.

The Who were fantastic, especially the long solo during the encore. Townsend attacks and caresses his guitar wonderfully. Hairs standing up on back of neck with a silly grin of pure pleasure.

Daltrey has a great voice, and young Ringo was much better than his Dad.

Thank God people finally stood up, and then it really kicked off properly.

Whatever the flaws and hitches, it was all well worth it, and no-one there can say they didn't enjoy it.

I wasnt having a pop at the bar staff, it was the sytem that was flawed. The point is will made made below about having a walkway in front of the bar and a queueing system away from it ...all seems a bit mental to me.

All in all it was a great night once it finally got going....the scouse bouncer at the right hand side where we were was more than a bit miffed when everyone finally just got up and stood/dance/windmilled!!!

As for copycat you are a twat and I am surprised you were allowed out that late....

What time did BDS go on?

What time did the Who go on?

Any problems taking cameras in?

Off to Deacon Blue tonight :thumbsup: but not really that bothered about seeing Steve Gibbons.

What time did BDS go on?

What time did the Who go on?

Any problems taking cameras in?

BDS went on about 7 I think, The who 8:30 ish? No problem with cameras, the only thing that upset the security was standing up :)

I also believe the parking there was a bit of a mare as well. Certainly when we left all of the surrounding roads were shut, with a several mile walk to the bus station / taxi central. And then had to pay £50 for a 20 minute taxi ride (had been quoted £70 by the couple of taxis before) . Still a great night though.

So, despite a few glitches, maybe they aren't doing so bad over here.

Just so everyone knows: If you have pre-booked or phoned for a taxi, the arrangement is classified as 'Private Hire' which means that you settle on a price before setting off.

If, however, you pick up a taxi on the street or on a rank you are entitled to ask for the journey to be charged on the meter. Even at rate 2 (the midnight - 6 am rate that hasn't changed since 2005) the fare from Peel to Douglas shouldn't come to more than £30 for up to 4 people (unless there are several drop-off points around Douglas).

Good to hear that it was a good evening. Before the crowd got on their feet, what was the estimate of 'bums on seats' 'cos that will determine the bottom line (sorry about the puns!).

I'd guess at roughly 2/3 the seating tickets were sold, the rest, mostly silver stuff empty. Bit daft that they didn't dump the empty seats and move the standing forward.

/cry I want to go and see Deacon Blue tonight but noone will come with me, all my friends are 'busy' and my husband is 'busy' too, my 14 year old would come but is arranging something else as I type. I also wanted to go and see the races last night but Manannin stopped that. My work friend says he'll go with me but I have to pay for him too and Im poor. I love Deacon Blue too, I went to see them in Ayre in about 1950. Should I just go on my own and sod them all? or is that really sad....

/cry I want to go and see Deacon Blue tonight but noone will come with me, all my friends are 'busy' and my husband is 'busy' too, my 14 year old would come but is arranging something else as I type. I also wanted to go and see the races last night but Manannin stopped that. My work friend says he'll go with me but I have to pay for him too and Im poor. I love Deacon Blue too, I went to see them in Ayre in about 1950. Should I just go on my own and sod them all? or is that really sad....

Go for it! You'll have a great time, and more than likely bump into somebody you know.

Archived