Peel Music Festival

When Skies Are Grey

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
due to adverse weather now being forecast that also means no racing on Sunday it may be that H&S will be closing down the marquee tomorrow - so no Madness :(

How in the name of Jesus' best dancing sandals did you arrive at that conclusion????

Rational being or one spanner short of a toolkit? Ponders....

For years people have been complaining that bands don't come over and when they do it's met with a wall of apathy

So we should all flock to Deacon Blue then :(

People do complain bands don't come over, but I bet not many complain that Deacon Blue haven't come over until now. All that proves is that the wrong band was booked.

Book the right acts and people will go. I'm sure Sunday will be much busier.

didn't Deacon Blue play the Villa last year?

Nope

I'd of liked to of gone to a couple of gigs but I'm workIng all week like a lot of people. I'm pissed off that I miss all of the "Little Bitta Rosie" gigs as well.

Work sucks.

I heard an announcement on the radio that if you were going to pbf wear warm clothing.

I also heard from someone who had been there that there are no sides on the tent and the wind and mist had been blowing in and they were frozen. Is there a Damart stall there maybe ? ;)

I'd of liked to of gone to a couple of gigs but I'm workIng all week like a lot of people. I'm pissed off that I miss all of the "Little Bitta Rosie" gigs as well.

Work sucks.

Cheers fella, much appreciated. On a plus point, you may be interested to hear that 2poor2tour recorded the Creek Inn gig last night. There were issues with the streaming at the time, so instead it is being broadcast from 10pm tonight - the whole damn gig!

Just click the link above.

Cheers!

Ade.

the gig is going ahead ... don't where people get this bullshit from?

I was moving the seats out of the tent at 1am this morning ready for it ... so it is happening!

Best to just put copycat on ignore, hes a complete dick. Any idea how ticket sales are going for tonight?

ok to clear up some of the bullshit:

1. MADNESS ARE PLAYING TONIGHT

2. BEER IS AVAILABLE(However to those who moan about beer try NOT drinking it for just 1 night)

3. tiket sales are in excess of 7,000

4. THIS SORT OF EVEN NEEDS SUPPORT, THE ISLE OF MAN CURRENTLY IS SUSTAINED ON THE FINANCE SECTOR AND TT WOULDENT IT BE NICE TO ADD SOMETHING LIKE MUSIC FESTIVALS TO THAT LIST????.

i think the isle of man could become a great festival destination ... and i'm talking big festivals.

we are used to the numbers ... just need someone who knows what they're doing to run it!!! put it up in jurby on the airfield ... nobles park? what was that about?

the isle of wight do it ... so can we!

The Isle of Wight doesn't have the steam racket to mess things up...

Archived