Peel Music Festival

When Skies Are Grey

I'd go on my own if I had to. When you think about it, it's not like you are going to sit and have a major conversation at the concert - you will be facing forward watching the show most of the time. Plus you will also have at least one thing in common with the thousands of other people there - i.e. all fans of deacon blue.

There are quite a few people that travel over to the TT on their own. Doing the occasional thing on your own doesn't always mean you are billy no mates, often friends like different things than we do. On the island I'll guarantee you will see at least 3 other people you know well at this concert. Take Bushy's tent for example, I was in there Tuesday and bumped into at least 5 people I know very well, plus many more acquaintances.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back Door Slam and The Who were both great, and the organization was good enough not to spoil it.

Some suggestions:

(1) control the emptying of the car park a bit better - fencing along the main route out would be a good idea to prevent cheeky feckers edging in and killing the directed traffic flow;

(2) control entrance to the various arena sections a bit better. It's galling to remortgage your house for gold tickets only to have scallies walk in unchallenged and stand in front of you or sit in the VIP section.

Looking forward to the Counterfeit Stones and Bootleg Beatles on Monday!

Seems to me that the biggest complaint is about getting beer!! I went and thought it was fantastic. BDS on at 7:30 ish (even though it said 8 on the tickets) and The Who on for just short of 2 hours, unbelievable! Instead of criticising and complaining just go without beer for 1 night :-)

Instead of criticising and complaining just go without beer for 1 night :-)

what pay £95.00 for a night out and no beer!! I might as well book in to the priory

/cry I want to go and see Deacon Blue tonight but noone will come with me, all my friends are 'busy' and my husband is 'busy' too, my 14 year old would come but is arranging something else as I type. I also wanted to go and see the races last night but Manannin stopped that. My work friend says he'll go with me but I have to pay for him too and Im poor. I love Deacon Blue too, I went to see them in Ayre in about 1950. Should I just go on my own and sod them all? or is that really sad....

I went to the Who last night as a billy no mates, I'd been bought a single ticket as a birthday pressie. Bumped into a few people I knew, was not a problem at all. Go for it.

Done! Oooh Im excited now. My daughter read this and phoned me at work to tell me "Mum I love you, I'll come" I nearly cried, WTF is she doing reading this forum when I have left her a list of housework? :P

i don't have any inside knowledge on the matter ... however I am supposed to be working that night so unless my job discription has changed dramatically I assume there will be!!! :)

Right, good enough for me ta :)

On the whole 'fiver for a burger' issue.

I went to see Robbie at the MK bowl last year, along with about 80,000 other people (No, I didn't know them all.....).

2 Burgers, 1 chips = £16

I met the bloke that owns the burger outlets at that gig in Cuba, he was minted , nice guy looked a bit like Bobby Charlton does now.....

CAN I BRING A CAMERA? CAN I BRING A VIDEO RECORDER?

ABSOLUTELY NOT – under no circumstances must you bring any kind of camera/photographic/recording equipment into the marquee. BAGS WILL BE SUBJECT TO SEARCH UPON ENTRY.

FAQ

CAN I BRING A CAMERA? CAN I BRING A VIDEO RECORDER?

ABSOLUTELY NOT – under no circumstances must you bring any kind of camera/photographic/recording equipment into the marquee. BAGS WILL BE SUBJECT TO SEARCH UPON ENTRY.

FAQ

There was cameras/mobile phones taking pics all around me, security didn't bat an eyelid.

Archived