Quick Healthy Meals

Stavros

You're not wrong, they're pretty clued up on healthy food. They get a great menu at school too, much better than when I was there. Mine will eat more or less anything, the little one isn't too fussed on spicy food, korma and mild chilli is about as spicy as it gets but variations are easy to do for him. He won't eat fajitas because he finds them too hot so he gets fried chicken and veg minus the mix, it's all good.

They have a bloody salad bar at school, and given the choice actually use it! It's not right!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quorn vegie bangers are lush - with some poached egg and reduced salt beans with wholemeal toast!

I also agree that baked spuds are cheap and full of nutritional value, be careful about what you put on them though!

Pasta with fresh red pesto is always nice an proper easy - with a bit of cheese im sure the kids would eat it?

Corn on the cob is a favorite with my sisters baby, as is wholemeal pasta with grilled chicken and a bit of cheese mixed in! her kid goes mad for brocolli or anything green! I know, its mental! he is a very healthy kid indeed and his skin glows! she makes him sweet potato mash and has that with a sort of lean turkey mince "chilli" - they are all so easy to make!

I think that people think its going to take them ages to prepare a nice healthy meal from scratch but it dosent, you have to wait for a processed meal in the oven for 40 mins often, in that time you could have made a spag bol, or a nice stirfry! Its all about organisation I think!! the other thing i dont get is that all these ready meals - the portions are so small! you have to bulk them out anyway with veggies? Or do you just ahve about 3 at same time! I couldnt survive on just one of them???

Archived