Decennt Chippy

mollag

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep the Chartroom has to be the best, does not open on sunday or monday and has to close at 10pm. Food always cooked fresh. Try the baked spuds

The undoubted champion of chippies is The Chartroom, it's the best chippy on the island by a country mile, and pummels the competition into the ground. (In fact, it's so much better than the other chippies in Douglas I wouldn't even class them as being competition.)

You sometimes have to wait a few minutes (fish are fried to order, for example), but it's well worth it.

I'd all but given up on Douglas ever getting a decent chippy, but The Chartroom has well and truly saved the day (it's well worth a little stroll out of the centre of town to get your lunch from there).

where is it, cause i never heard or seen it,

i have to go try it out, as it seams to have won by a mile on here

Ummm, if you're walking down Athol Street towards the Tesco end, turn left at the crossroads with the traffic lights, and it's at the bottom of the hill on the corner on the right at the traffic lights.

There must be a better way to explain it than that.

where is it, cause i never heard or seen it,

i have to go try it out, as it seams to have won by a mile on here

Ummm, if you're walking down Athol Street towards the Tesco end, turn left at the crossroads with the traffic lights, and it's at the bottom of the hill on the corner on the right at the traffic lights.

There must be a better way to explain it than that.

Directly opposite Lord Street flats?

Hang on Molly, i lived in Hope street and remember Cunliffes opening, i dont remember any sweet shops in Hope Street, it was all residential that side. Three doors up could well have been Low and Rose Kelly's

mind you i left in 1961, we emmigrated to Bucks Road where we were handy for Maggie spits and the Rio del Swill :rolleyes:

Archived