Decennt Chippy

mollag

I am a regular at the chart room chippy and I think that place is amazing.

Good quality food and good value for money!

They always go out of their way to make sure you are happy with the service.

The half chicken is fantastic and you can't go wrong with the burgers, chips are to die for.

I can't say anything wrong about this place!!!!!!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am a regular at the chart room chippy and I think that place is amazing.

Good quality food and good value for money!

They always go out of their way to make sure you are happy with the service.

The half chicken is fantastic and you can't go wrong with the burgers, chips are to die for.

I can't say anything wrong about this place!!!!!!

First post......smells fishy to me.

• 2 weeks later...
PSM still has a very good chippy.

I partly agree, but I think it depends who is frying.

When Mike is frying I've always been very pleased with the fish / chips, but one time the young lad was in command and I didn't feel it was up to the usual standard.

• 3 weeks later...

Yup Chartroom Chippy is the dog's bollocks. They do a gorgous battered black pudding and chips... otherwise known as a black puddin supper. The chips are brown and ungreasy and gorgeous, and just the thought of getting peelly wally, flaccid chips from the Terrace instead makes me want to vomit.

Port Erin chippy is superb (not been to the Chart Room).

I probably go once every 2 or 3 weeks and I've never been disappointed with the quality of the chips.

Port St Mary USED to be fantastic and has previously won awards but every time I've been in the last few years (including a couple of weeks ago) the chips have been awful imo. Shame.

It's a shame they are never open.

Closed on Sundays and Mondays. Not a great way to run a business. I'll stick with the terrace.

that is not through his own choice though, I believe that is to do with the planning constraints put in place before the 'change of use' was granted to allow it to be a fastfood outlet, If you wish to eat sub standard mush carry on regardless :ph34r:

BTW Battered haggis for the Win :wub::w00t:

Better Sub Standard mush then nothing at all on a Sunday or Monday.

I have been to the chart room once and I have to say I must of been unlucky because the fish wasnt great and the chips were undercooked. I have heard the food is usually pretty good there.

I will give it another go.

Chartroom is brilliant. The best fish and chips you can get over here and I've tried them all(well virtually). I can only compare them to the finest F&C shop in all of christendom which is of course the original Harry Ramsdens in Guiseley, Leeds. Dont be fooled by the Franchises of the same name which there should be a law against ! Secreledge :crying:

Archived