Filming On The Island

Sharp

It certainly is Burt Reynolds you saw, looking a bit battered now as he is quite old (not sure how old exactly).

The film to be shot in the Gaiety is entirely different, a biopic of that bloke that starred as Citizen Cane (can't remember his name) Orson Wells, see I can remember, I've not totally lost it.

Burt plays an old actor(typecasting) asked to star in a Shakespeare play in Stratford, thinking it's S I A and discovering it's actually in Stratford under Lyme or somewhere just as horrible.

See the resurgence of the IOM film industry. Limping on to oblivion.

Dont be such a miserable twat

The IOM Film Commission has put over 200 million quid into government coffers since it's inception

Almost enough to fix that shagged out stretch of rusty crap you call a pier

What innovative business ideas have you lot up there in Royal Ramsey come up with recently ?

Fucking none, thats what

Your function in life is to make Peel look sophisticated

You talking too yourself?

Not since you joined in

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The shed that was built down Ramsey as a film studio is as much use as a Chocolate fireguard. Cant be used when raining or windy and no bugger will own up to its bad design faults. So this could be another case of Government meeting the costs to rectify.

I never ever ask where do you go

I never ever ask what do you do

I never ever ask what’s in your mind

I never ever ask if you’ll be mine

Come and smile don’t be shy

Touch my bum this is life.

Oooooh

We are the cheeky girls

We are the cheeky girls

You are the cheeky boys

You are the cheeky boys

We are the cheeky girls

We are the cheeky girls

You are the cheeky boys

You are the cheeky boys

Hhmm cheeky cheeky

:P

• 2 weeks later...
"Me and Orson Welles" is starting to film this Sunday in the Gaiety Theatre.

Has anybody already seen someone from that cast on the island? The director Richard Linklater? Zac Efron? Claire Danes? Eddie Marsan? Kelly Reilly?

No but i would have. I'm majorly bummed as I was asked to be a featured extra in the movie playing Orson Welles' mistress --- how cool would that have been? But, alas, my foot surgery has gotten in the way.... :(

"Me and Orson Welles" is starting to film this Sunday in the Gaiety Theatre.

Has anybody already seen someone from that cast on the island? The director Richard Linklater? Zac Efron? Claire Danes? Eddie Marsan? Kelly Reilly?

I saw Eddie Marsan yesterday just before 2 o'clock. He was stood outside the front of the Gaiety in a snazzy light brown suit talking on a mobile phone. I knew his face but didnt know his name so I just Googled your list and found out it was him!!

No but i would have. I'm majorly bummed as I was asked to be a featured extra in the movie playing Orson Welles' mistress --- how cool would that have been? But, alas, my foot surgery has gotten in the way.... :(

That sucks! And yes, it would have been cool. I hope you're doing better. Kelly Reilly is now supposed to play (one of?) Orson Welles mistresses' (playing Muriel Brassler) but I think he had multiple...

I'm sure they will all be spotted at some point. They should be there until the 14 March.

I saw Eddie Marsan yesterday just before 2 o'clock. He was stood outside the front of the Gaiety in a snazzy light brown suit talking on a mobile phone. I knew his face but didnt know his name so I just Googled your list and found out it was him!!

Thanks so much for the info. :)

The other people known to be in the cast until now are Ben Chaplin, Christian McKay, Leo Bill, Imogen Poots and Aidan McArdle just in case you want to look out for more. :)

There was a load of actor types in La Piazza on Valentine's night. Since that sort of shite doesn't interest me I paid them no heed so that's all I have to report.

ive just been down town and there were hundreds of kids outside the Old Curisity cafe screaming etc, next minute the police turned up and the van pulled up right outside the shop and Zac Efron got in and was whisked away. As I was driving home I noticed all the teenagers were then outside the Sefton, I take it he was then in there.

They are all staying at the Sefton, that is crew + talent

Apparently this is so that the Zac kid who is mega or whatever can go to the Gaiety film set through the cellar without being attacked by pubescent schoolies

I was attacked by pubescent schoolies once, but not for the same reasons

Story of my life really, a catalogue of misinterpreted intentions

Archived