Road Closures For Tt

the_kitty

I'd also like to know road closure times if anyone has them as I need to let people at work know.

I've tried getting them off the TT section of the gov website but it keeps throwing up an error! :(

" On the morning of Saturday 24th May, the Mountain Road will close at 10am and reopen not later than 2pm later that same day as a one-way road in the direction of the course.

It will remain one-way until Monday 9th June, when the road will close at 10am and reopen no later than 2pm the same day as a two-way road.

All cones and signs will be removed from the road before race and practice sessions and the Mountain Road will close early to facilitate this.

On practice days the road will close at 5pm, for the first race on Saturday31st May the road will close at 10.45am and for all other races the roads will close at 9.30am. It will then re-open only once the cones and signs have been replaced.

With regard to the Coast Road, between Douglas and Ramsey, there will be temporary parking restrictions in Onchan and Laxey and alterations to the timing of traffic signals. "

found on another site......anygood ?

just don't expect to find the roads closing notice on the government website :(

they are so well hidden that even their own search facility can't find them as they are usually disguised in a .pdf

I searched for the rally roads closed notice last saturday and searched under DoT but it was hidden under 'further information' but certainly not found by any logical means like 'highways' or 'information centre'

no matter what you put in the search box on either the roadwatch of the main site search it comes up with nothing

the best it finds is this

• 2 weeks later...
Thought this post would be best placed here,

Does anyone know the road closure times for this years TT?

Hi there if its any help to anyone leaflets were put in the post office and co-op in castletown today, so maybe its worth looking in other post offices, Hope this is useful.

There are going to be no closures, there will not be enough marshalls, so no practices and no races.... maybe.

Ah this happens every year.

Plus you're forgetting this is the IOM - they'll just amend the rules to suit.

Anyway - I wonder will it be busy this year after so many tourists complaining about the centenary rip-off?

Long-term weather forecast is showing it ok for the next 2 weeks but pfftt what do they know - they normally can't even predict 24 hours in advance.

There are going to be no closures, there will not be enough marshalls, so no practices and no races.... maybe.

Just been to the Grandstand and was told that there was enough Marshalls on Friday. But better too many than not enough!

Archived