Pothole Watch

WilDDog

Report any potholes you come across in this thread.

The more the merrier, then weekly or monthly depending on how many are found they can be reported and we can see if or how quickly they are repaired.

Please refrain from spamming the thread. Serious replies only.

Thanks.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Derby Square end of Glen Falcon road is all broke up,

Shoprite roundabout leaving shoprite,

Victoria road, douglas bound side just past the bus stop,

??? are we ment to take pictures ???

You can take pictures if you want. I'll ring up and report these tomorrow, if anyone else wants to do the same, they might take a bit more notice.

You can take pictures if you want. I'll ring up and report these tomorrow, if anyone else wants to do the same, they might take a bit more notice.

No need. The press, police and various Govt departments all read the forums regularly.

the s bend before blackboards bridge on the castletown/douglas road, big chunks of the grip stuff have peeled of and if they dont get to it soon its just gonna keep escalating

Agreed - quite dangerous when you're on a bike, especially in the wet. It's been like that for a long time too. I thought when they were doing work there recently painting the railings on the bridge they might have done something but sadly not.

Also, at the Iron Spout (between Ballabeg & Colby) where the road was dug across to put the water pipe in a few months ago, the new patch of road that covers over it is atrocious as it is a very noticeable 'dent' in the road. There's also a nice 'dent' just after Ballagawne nurseries as you're coming from Port Erin toward Colby. It's been there as long as I can remember.

Also, at the Iron Spout (between Ballabeg & Colby) where the road was dug across to put the water pipe in a few months ago, the new patch of road that covers over it is atrocious as it is a very noticeable 'dent' in the road. There's also a nice 'dent' just after Ballagawne nurseries as you're coming from Port Erin toward Colby. It's been there as long as I can remember.

Yeah, that's the problem; Hannay said no 'potholes,' which may not be far from the truth. But when you count up all the 'dents,' unintentional dips and humps, it's a different matter, with the roads in Douglas and most other parts of the island nothing short of disgraceful.

In fairness I think you may find Mr Hanney said there had been no reported potholes in a period. It looks like once again a selective misquotation by our ever so efficient media here

Archived