Pothole Watch

WilDDog

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Edge/dent outside the Spar in lord street - looks like the whole road somehow sunk a bit. Mind you, the whole bit outside there needs redoing...

The entrance to Willaston off Ballanard Road - a genuine, nasty pothole alongside a grid.

Alongside the crossing by Waverley Terrace (below York Road) another very nasty pothole near the kerb.

(If we report them all, the forums could have bandwidth problems!)

You can take pictures if you want. I'll ring up and report these tomorrow, if anyone else wants to do the same, they might take a bit more notice.

What happened when you called them? A big vote of thanks?

I recall that a gentleman in Co.Cavan in the Republic got so frustrated with council inaction that he bought a pile of fluorescent yellow paint spray cans and started marking up the worst offenders - leading to immediate Council action when the Press got hold of the story. AA Roadwatch in Ireland also has snippets on the radio to say that traffic is being held up on such and such a road by a large pothole...Could the potholes be reported to manx radio to issue traffic warnings?

Thanks for setting this up - hope to be able to contribute (I would prefer that I didn't need to actually) when I get back this coming week.

if we are into dips and ruts too, a sudden ramp just as you come to the crest of Pulrose Bridge from the estate side makes a bit of a jolt, could easily be rounded off somewhat

(you don't tend to get replies to emails to the DoT, unless I am unlucky)

probably a private road, im not sure, but just after you come off the causeway from st michaels isle (fort isle) there are two big massive pot holes on golf links road, no matter how many times i go that way i always forget about them

Beach road into PSM. Basically all of it. Undulates and bounces like a roller coaster.

This upcoming week there is going to be works done to beach road. Can't remember exactly what for but it is closed for a few days...

If you have the username Brianna: You can post stuff here by clicking on "add reply". Report function is for other stuff... Your message:

Potholes on Sulby Glen Road, adjacent to the Water Treatment works, on the really narrow section, so impossible to avoid they have been there about 6 months and increasing in size every week, with the volume of traffic using this road, which will increase soon when the prison is fully operational.

Archived