Pothole Watch

WilDDog

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Emergency emergency,

:w00t: Paging Amadeus to the thread to take photo's of an offending orifice in the tarmac :w00t:

Pothole appearing in the bus stop outside Douglas Town Hall wonder how long before the Tarmac Fairies fly in and magicaly fill it in :sorcerer:

There's a big one (abt 2' dia) developing on the traffic Island by Tesco - where the buses part off to the sheds.

It's just like most of the others you see around town - then again, it would be, Douglas Corporation have a template for it...

Ballanard road from just past Ballanard Farm to the road on the left that leads to some houses, large sunken trench across road and bloody deep and really gives the car a rattle.

This one is now fixed :D

There's a big one (abt 2' dia) developing on the traffic Island by Tesco - where the buses part off to the sheds.

It's just like most of the others you see around town - then again, it would be, Douglas Corporation have a template for it...

that probably wont get fixed till they decide what they are doing with the roundabout

• 2 weeks later...

Already reported a few times, but still being ignored - still there today. :angry:

There's a nice one for the H&S brigade on the pavement at the top of Victoria Road in Port St Mary. The DoT removed a sign and left a hole with some nice hacked-off sharp metal sticking up (wouldn't you be?). It's a perfect trap for pedestrians.

there's a nice one at the junction of that little road leading from york road onto ballaquayle road just directly opposite crosby terrace post office. the buses are quite possibly causing it or making it worse as the no 23/25 pull off that junction every half hour.

X marks the spot

NOW FIXED

pic.jpg

While the crazy gang in their ivory towers at the D.O.T attempt to drive us mad, it must be said that the guys on the front line almost always do a fine job; they could quite easily have run and hid during the heavy rain this Saturday morning but they cracked on with the Bucks Road job regardless.

In contrast, I live on the new estate off Johnny Watterson's lane and the road is yet to be "adopted" by the local authority and is still apparently owned by Dandara. I can accept the raised ironworks but the potholes are just ridiculous, especially in a newly constructed road. Best of all though is how they "fix" this:

Now, the DOT would go about things in the usual way but Dandara simply fill the holes with.. gravel. :angry:

A combination of heavy plant machinery constantly buzzing from one end of the estate to the other and rain ensure that things are quickly back to suspension shattering normality. The estate's roads won't come into public ownership until construction work is complete and, as this is progressing as fast as rust, it seems I'd just better get used to it and having wheels like 50p's :(

By the way, the pothole right outside Douglas town hall expands apace..

While the crazy gang in their ivory towers at the D.O.T attempt to drive us mad, it must be said that the guys on the front line almost always do a fine job; they could quite easily have run and hid during the heavy rain this Saturday morning but they cracked on with the Bucks Road job regardless.

In contrast, I live on the new estate off Johnny Watterson's lane and the road is yet to be "adopted" by the local authority and is still apparently owned by Dandara. I can accept the raised ironworks but the potholes are just ridiculous, especially in a newly constructed road. Best of all though is how they "fix" this:

Now, the DOT would go about things in the usual way but Dandara simply fill the holes with.. gravel. :angry:

A combination of heavy plant machinery constantly buzzing from one end of the estate to the other and rain ensure that things are quickly back to suspension shattering normality. The estate's roads won't come into public ownership until construction work is complete and, as this is progressing as fast as rust, it seems I'd just better get used to it and having wheels like 50p's :(

By the way, the pothole right outside Douglas town hall expands apace..

The public may not realise it but the D.O.T. men worked until midnight last week on Bucks Road, from being at work at

8 a.m. that morning, then expected to start work again at 8 a.m. next morning, also having to drive home after finishing at midnight and had poor lighting conditions on Bucks Road once it was dark. Quite a few members of public would not wish to work under those conditions I would say.

I've seen your driving through the estate. Cars cannot bounce over potholes! Slow Down! And your wheels shall remain round. :P

However having lived in an estate still undergoing completion, they did the same with our roads and pavements. I suppose they don't see much sense in laying a nice new road, only for their own heavy machinery to damage it before the estate is finished. Usually that is the last thing completed before they depart.

2 trenches on the main road through Jurby, near the primary school have been left with material washed out, can't avoid them as they are whole width of the road. A lot more traffic up there now since the prison has finally opened, so should not have been left in such a poor state, even worse on a bike and there's a few of those travelling about Jurby at the moment.

No excuse leaving the trenches like they have, as the men are still working there on site.

Archived