Top Gear Back On The Island

Amadeus

No worries - you don't really think I'd miss £600k+ of supercars, do you? :) I think my favourite is the group shot where they drive towards the camera - soooo rare to get something like that, me thinks that will be made into a poster.

The Merc's the same - just had a look on iPlayer and the plates match. I guess they don't build many of them..

merc-2.jpg

The RS6 is a different one - same colour, though.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Freggyragh - think of something that enthuses you and imagine you could get that excited about cars, and you'll understand.

I have little interest in sport, the arts, culture or wildlife - but a well-proportioned wheel arch or sculpted air scoop releases a flood of endorphins. The Tate Modern should be full of cars like these instead of piles of bricks and half cows - these are works of performance art combined with impressive feats of engineering excellence.

The GT-R has had a long gestation, and I'm not sure I like it, yet. If it's anything like its forebears, it will have been the wow of the group.

Great shots Amadeus, you latent TWOCker!

A few from today - the first task was to find them. Not easy if your surroundings look like something out of American Werewolf. "Stay on the path..." Only fluffy werewolfs about, though...

th_fog.jpgth_sheep.jpg

Found them...

th_TG34.jpgth_TG35.jpg

th_TG36.jpgth_TG37.jpg

th_TG38.jpgth_TG33.jpg

I think the Mini is the forthcoming souped up new John Cooper Works Mini Cooper S (drool drool....)

I think you could be correct - still only a Mini, though :rolleyes:

th_TG32.jpg

Sorry, I just don't get it. They are cars. They spend most of their working life in slow moving traffic while their drivers listen to cheesey hard rock and watch the scooters and bikes whizz by.

If your going to mock people that have an interest in cars, I think it's only fair you post some of your interests so we can see if we disapprove of them or not and assign some lame stereotypes to your hobbies / interests.

If not then why not keep shtum eh? :rolleyes:

So Amadeus - is it the magazine or the TV show as the radio keep saying they're 'filming' for the television programme.

I think it's the magazine...for two reasons!

1st The Audi and Merc were both covered in the last top gear episode

2nd The current series is currently on and they do all their location stuff in advance don't they?

That's what I think anyway!

Sorry, I just don't get it. They are cars. They spend most of their working life in slow moving traffic while their drivers listen to cheesey hard rock and watch the scooters and bikes whizz by.

Sorry to have upset you boys, I was drawing on my own experience of car driving these days. I didn't mean to knock you as people just because you are into cars - I was just saying that I don't get it. Stu's response sheds some light on it all - it is not just about making progress on the road, it is about aesthetics and irrational passion. OK, sorry to mess up your thread.

Manx Radio seem to say they're filming for the magazine, which, unless they're produced some magic type of moving picture magazine, I assume they mean they're photographing for the magazine.

maybe it's a 'technical' thing that you can close roads for filming but not for taking photographs and road testing (like the Citroen rally tests last year was for 'filming')

Oi! I am no anorak - merely an admirer of engineering excellence. Once I start sitting near the airport or bus depot, you may report me. Either to the anorak asylum, or these days more likely to the national terror hotline...

Archived