Kaupthing Singer & Friedlander... About To Go Pop?

gilf_uk

And finally given the crap bank report on TV last night on both ITV and BBC, are the hobbits going to do anything to counter/mitigate the bad PR?

What can they do? To be honest I think the option is to sit far away and watch the meltdown.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much money is in KFS on the island? I've been reading a few articles that seem to suggest it could be a substantial amount. If the IOM Derbyshire takeover last year and other things are included, and that money is held by them here...could we be talking somewhere around $0.5 billion being involved here?

Anyone know the real figure?

How much money is in KFS on the island? I've been reading a few articles that seem to suggest it could be a substantial amount. If the IOM Derbyshire takeover last year and other things are included, and that money is held by them here...could we be talking somewhere around $0.5 billion being involved here?

The press for the Derbyshire takeover said £300,000.

The press for the Derbyshire takeover said £300,000.

In banking terms that's peanuts. You don't mean 300 million do you?

In banking terms that's peanuts. You don't mean 300 million do you?

Oops, yes.

Good job I don't have any money to lose. Plan on leaving this planet broke & dead, dead broke.

Expect to see something like this tomorrow night:

But I'm not going to Scotland

Hence "something like..." it should appeal to our Norse heritage

I dont know the figures but I have been in dealing for Life Assurance companies around the island and I know that alot of their fixed term deposit business is with them.

When you think of the size of the likes of Zurich, Skandia, Axa, CMI and Canada Life i imagine it to be above the 500m mentioned.

To corporate investors they were offering some of the most attractive rates and as nobody really understood the Icelandic economy and noone was trusting UK banks, they all went into long term deposits.

When you think of the size of the likes of Zurich, Skandia, Axa, CMI and Canada Life i imagine it to be above the 500m mentioned.

To corporate investors they were offering some of the most attractive rates and as nobody really understood the Icelandic economy and noone was trusting UK banks, they all went into long term deposits.

If that's true, we're up shit creek.

However with ING Direct taking over the deposit side of KS&F i dont think its going to be a problem. Santander did with Bradford & Bingleys deposits last month and thats all fine.

ING's only taking the UK deposits in Edge as far as I understand it, not the IOM. Could be wrong, talk to your financial advisor, blah blah

Archived