Kaupthing Singer & Friedlander... About To Go Pop?

gilf_uk

I dont think its just the Island's banking sector that are to be effected...this isnt an IOM problem. The effects are going to be felt worldwide....hopefully the end result will be a cleaner banking system, based on transparency and liquidity. Sadly though there will be a lot more pain felt before we get to the end of this......on reflection though basing an economy on a housing market that was always over boiling was always going to end in disaster.

Noticed this from 2001:

http://www.efinancialnews.com/assetmanagement/content/578639

Anyone know if any public funds are deposited with KS&F?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been listening since 10:30.

My will to live is diminishing rapidly.

Also been listening.... and my will to live is also diminishing

and I'm sitting on 6 figure loss regardless of the compensation scheme whenever that will turn up.... :(

Doh. Doh. Doh. Doh. Doh.

tried on Tuesday to urgently transfer funds out but to no avail.

feel like a total lemon... Icelandic bank ffs.

Isn't hindsight ace?

and again.... Doh. :crying:

Anyone know if any public funds are deposited with KS&F?

Apparently there are a number of UK councils that have funds lodged with them....but not sure about IOM

Came out at some point in the past two hours on radio mogadon that they are ( were ) also one of the financial advisors to the Manx government..........

The speakers broadly agree that there are only 2 options as to the funding of the scheme ... either funded by taxes or else funded by the banks.

+

If the scheme and its fine detail does not provide adequate assurances then investors will not keep their money in the IOM. The recent problems highlight an issue which many had not previously seriously considered. If depositors do not trust the scheme then they will put their cash into jurisdictions backed by larger economies.

+

A sufficiently effective scheme will be too expensive to fund via taxation.

=

The banks will fund a scheme adequately attractive (to depositors) if they typically believe that the value of the business which the IOM generates for them makes it profitable for them to fund a scheme. If not then the banking sector will cease to exist.

If the KSF depositors do not get back 100% of their savings (just like savers of the failed UK institutions), then confidence in the IOM will be damaged for ever.

If the KSF depositors do not get back 100% of their savings (just like savers of the failed UK institutions), then confidence in the IOM will be damaged for ever.

Back to kippers and farming it is then. Thank fuck for our tourist industry.

Back to kippers and farming it is then. Thank fuck for our tourist industry.

And the sees are full of fish, the weather is so good the Farmers are making millions.

What's a tourist?

HAAHHAHAHAH thank goodness I dont work in a bank or poxy finance company, right enough we dont have it easy in the old Engineering sector....but at least what we have is real...I am really sorry for a few people (the ones I like) but the greedy and the bolshy - Im laughing my head right off at you oh, I am getting so much pleasure from the fact my ex-boss will be shitting himself and squirming like the horrible nasty little worm he truly is.

Like I said, 'sorry' to all the nice people this is effecting.

Sadly the fat cats will still find away to come out of this pile of shit smelling like roses...in the meantime hard working people who have manage to save what they can get screwed over. Time for an uprising....who's with me!!!

Archived