Pub Shutting?

Lonan3

Jurby hotel closed

Grosvenor Hotel closed

who next ?

Don't see how anyone can make a 'go' of it - with the Grand Island to soon become an Old Folks home for wealthy come-overs the north will soon be alcohol-free.

Rumour had it recently that the Ellan Vannin was on shaky grounds.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jurby hotel closed

Grosvenor Hotel closed

who next ?

Don't see how anyone can make a 'go' of it - with the Grand Island to soon become an Old Folks home for wealthy come-overs the north will soon be alcohol-free.

Rumour had it recently that the Ellan Vannin was on shaky grounds.

ironically the grosvenor is closed by all accounts yet manx radio are still running adverts for it??

• 10 months later...

not surprised the ellan vannin is shut - the place always seemed dead when I wandered past

from a personal point of view it went from being a pub I would class as a favourite and spend all night in with a good atmosphere and 3 or 4 real ales and always a gues or 2 on to being a horror show of bad pints (always replaced to be fair to them but still it sets a bad image to have it happen 3 or 4 times in a row) and a general smell of urine

The Traf in douglas? not surprised again if so that place has been closing for years

Thats probably why it was really busy tonight (one last drink and all that) although most of the customers were outside, comes to something when the Sunday night is busier than the Saturday night.

Ramsey must have had no more than 100 customers on Saturday night, most of which were in the Brit which by the way had a fabulous band playing, cant remember their name but the lead singer was good! :)

Oh and Ramsey was swarming with police for some reason???

not surprised the ellan vannin is shut - the place always seemed dead when I wandered past

from a personal point of view it went from being a pub I would class as a favourite and spend all night in with a good atmosphere and 3 or 4 real ales and always a gues or 2 on to being a horror show of bad pints (always replaced to be fair to them but still it sets a bad image to have it happen 3 or 4 times in a row) and a general smell of urine

The Traf in douglas? not surprised again if so that place has been closing for years

Thought complaining about the beer in the Ellan Vannin was a barring offence - most of the people I know have been barred for it!

Archived