Cave Reunion

manxdj007

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen one of the Cave doormen working round the Villa in general. I think he's some sort of generic government henchman.

Or that bloke in the cloakroom with mad scientist hair.

Professor Karl Heinz Wolff? I bet he used to get tired of that one....

Anyway - surely if this is being labelled as "Sounds of the Cave" it's correct as that would mean it's just down to the music itself, and not the people who played it. I can only really remember one of the DJs there for some reason. I think because he looked like Syd Little. :lol:

As lovely as the Villa Marina is.......how can they possibly think they can recreate the Cave in there? It is everything the cave was not...big, airy, light and bright. I went to one of the "reunions" and was very disappointed! :(

Spot on !

I can still recall my first visit to the Cave as a mere youngster in the early eighties .

Paying in at the top of the stairs and making my way down to the double doors at the bottom ,opening them and walking into the darkness with "The sound of the crowd" by the Human League , pumping out at what seemed like a million decibels !

Dark and edgy is the best way I can think of to describe it , In fact everything a Nightclub should be I.M.O.!

The cave reunion nights at the Villa , remind me more of the Palace Lido !

Shame that none of you are old enough to remember the original pre-fire " Underground Disco" at Summerland

I was still at school, but it was possible to hike over the bannisters avoiding the pay booth and drop into what was the most modern disco in Europe

All the seating was white leatherette and there were miles of chrome handrail and screens with oil wheel projections.

The DJ was a guy called Johnny Silver and he wore loons and a scoop neck t shirt, he played Tamla Mowtown to an adoring crowd dressed in hi- waist pants and Ben Sherman shirts

Happy daze

Well I'm not going unless there's an authentic burger van outside.

I don't care whether or not there used to be one there but for my money, it's not an authentic 'retro' clubbing night out without a burger van waiting for you to stumble into at 3am.

Archived