Cave Reunion

manxdj007

Dave,

I know you have been around for years, I seem to remember pulling your bacon out the pan some years ago..lol

Respect for you and what you do ....as for making money, Damn let me have you secret

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All the seating was white leatherette and there were miles of chrome handrail and screens with oil wheel projections.

I have a memory of being dropped off here on a saturday afternoon, just a one off, must have been primary school age, and all my mates from school where there. Kind of like a school disco but in summerland. I Remember the oil wheel projections and the couches in alcoves, all very Barbarella. Got no idea what the event was, and everyone seemed to be as surprised to be there as me.

He's right. There's no way I'd have played in Ibiza, London, Glasgow, Jersy, Manchester et al without those early halcyon days of "Oops Up Side Your Head", "Wired For Sound", "Straship Trooper" and "There's No-one Quite Like Grandad" bombarding me aurally downstairs in the original Cave Disco.

How can you quote a Cave set list without mentioning Summer of 69?

I remember the same on a ferry from IOM to UK... must have been 12... Also remember having to stand for 30 mins to get in the cave... and under 18s on a wednesday????? or was it a Thursday???

He bought it at the 5 and dime !!! played it till his fingers bled, back in the summer off 69...lol

We need a new club, properly run and some decent nights which are worth going out for..

Come on Dandara - run with it :rolleyes:

Strikes me what you need is a club with a tiny dancefloor but a huge space behind the decks, thus accommodating the huge number of DJ's vs people who actually want to listen to them.

well tough I made my money and still do so I must be doing something right and that will piss of many of you

Nope, not at all, thats the problem, all about the money and the "look at me, i'm a DJ", the last consideration is the music. I think you're missing the point anyway, point being no-one gives a toss about your bleating, nor the fact you're a forgotten cave non-celebrity.

DJ Cretterz FTW.

For a proper Cave reunion we need a huge flight of stairs that you can fall down somehow managing not to kill yourself in the process

I survived 2 falls down them stairs, one was a drunken fall... the other was with an amp rack on wheels. Luckily for the amp rack it landed on me whilst Adam Cain pissed himself laughing. I seem to remember a laughing fit for no reason caused us to let go

well tough I made my money and still do so I must be doing something right and that will piss of many of you

Nope, not at all, thats the problem, all about the money and the "look at me, i'm a DJ", the last consideration is the music. I think you're missing the point anyway, point being no-one gives a toss about your bleating, nor the fact you're a forgotten cave non-celebrity.

DJ Cretterz FTW.

AND YOU ARE WHO WHY DONT YOU JUST GET LOST OR BETTER STILL ON THE BEN IN THE AM

Archived