Cave Reunion

manxdj007

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shame that none of you are old enough to remember the original pre-fire " Underground Disco" at Summerland

I was still at school, but it was possible to hike over the bannisters avoiding the pay booth and drop into what was the most modern disco in Europe

All the seating was white leatherette and there were miles of chrome handrail and screens with oil wheel projections.

The DJ was a guy called Johnny Silver and he wore loons and a scoop neck t shirt, he played Tamla Mowtown to an adoring crowd dressed in hi- waist pants and Ben Sherman shirts

Happy daze

Well, I'm old enough - and I remember it - although things are a little hazy now..

As you say Cheeky Boy, it was one of the best Clubs in Europe - very classy - unlike anything over here now - and best of all, it was packed. You had to go early to get in!

Latterly, the Cave was just a meat market - stuck in a time warp. I never could understand why teens would go there being surrounded by people old enough to be their parents, or grandparents. And the music, well - that was something else ;)

When, oh when will the people of this Island move on and leave the past as a fond memory..

We need a new club, properly run and some decent nights which are worth going out for..

Come on Dandara - run with it :rolleyes:

Towards the end that's exactly what it was , but early eighties (my best memories ) it was the place to be :cool:

That explains it. In the early eighties I was in the infants.

You must have really hated it to feel the need to post Thrice :D

funny enough I met Johnny Silver about 2 months ago at a wedding reception @ the hydro nice bloke bit less hair these days

If anyonne has any pics of the cave in its hayday can you forward to me manxdj@yahoo.co.uk and i will post them on my facebook page real cave reunion they can be from oldies through to FOF days

cheers

dave Kelly

PLEASE NOTE THIS GROUP HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CHRIS WILLIAMS OR DAVID CRETNEY MHK ITS FOR REAL FANS OF THE REAL CAVE WITH REAL DJ'S NOT A FAKE

Dude, seriously, let it go.

seriously?????

it was for fun not like you glory hunting bedroom mixers

a bit of nostalga although most young dj's on the island wouldnt be here without the Cave Experience

Dave,

I am here and my DJing has nothing to do with the Cave, although I did go there once or twice, even having to cue on a wednesday.

But I am more a bye product of Little Caesers or the Acadamy.

Sorry to burst your bubble dude

He's right. There's no way I'd have played in Ibiza, London, Glasgow, Jersy, Manchester et al without those early halcyon days of "Oops Up Side Your Head", "Wired For Sound", "Straship Trooper" and "There's No-one Quite Like Grandad" bombarding me aurally downstairs in the original Cave Disco.

Although, to be fair, I did like the place when I had a three month stint there.

But I digress...big-up, mash-up "props" to the originals...

...GOMH*...

it seems all the dj's slagging the cave are the what i would call friday nighters

saturdays were indeed grab a granny you all seem to forget full on fridays a great asset and still alive today it may not be to everyones taste

I have been around DJing both club and mobile for 21 years and some DJ's hate my guts well tough I made my money and still do so I must be doing something right and that will piss of many of you

dj dave 1987 - 2008 and staying around for a long time yet

Archived