Music To Make You Happy

Miss Take

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sneering at people in music threads makes me happy.

Oh well, cheer up then, I wasn't sneering. No, I was just trying to tease out a tad more in depth justification for why one choice would get a listing over another. You know, more than major key happy, minor key sad, no key often happy, often sad, that kind of thing, lol,lol.......... ; )) I'm a great believer in the subjectivity of music, and the way we relate it to personal experience. Let me give you an example. Who among us can hear the good time classic Agadoo by Paper Lace, a work of some genius, and not want to push a pineapple or shake a tree? Exactly, lol,lol.... !

However, many years ago I was unfortunate to have to go into hospital for a minor but nonetheless urgent surgically invasive operation. Timing had conspired against me, as the hospital was very busy, and the young persons ward was full to bursting. The only bed available to me was in a geriatric ward, full of kindly but very ill old people. I spent a very uncomfortable night post operation, tossing and turning, drifting in and out of consciousness, to the sound of terminal coughing. The only escape was the hospital radio. But the DJ was clearly on a mission to cheer everyone up, as every other play was aforementioned Agadoo. There were no pineapples in that land of Limbo, I can tell you. (although there were a few bunches of grapes) During the night, two old patients slipped away for ever, only to be replaced by yet more sorry characters.

And ever since then, whenever I hear the great Paper Lace performing their masterpiece Agadoo, I think of those lovely people in the next beds, the brief time I was allowed with them and break into a cold sweat. And I get an urge to urinate into a glass receptacle. Happiness it ain't lol,lol......... ; ((

Manu Chao - Clandestino - does it every time.

yes. it does. Is it nearly summer yet?

My current fav is Funny Love [DJ Deckstream with Milka]

Even though it's as smooth as Sade. There is a better mix of it somewhere but that's the best link I could find. Doesn't work on crappy Macbook speakers.

and pretty much everything by Eels :D

That's a strange choice since E has a rather melancholic voice. But there is an uplifting quality to their music, it's almost as if there's a general philosophy to their music of "life's shit now, but will get better".

guns n roses - appetite for destruction, use you illusion 1 & 2

georgie porgie - life goes on

modjo - lady

raven maze - real life (fatboy slim remix)

krafty kuts - ill type sound

roger sanchez - another chance

phoenix - if i ever feel better i'll go to the disco

zoe - sunshine on a rainy day

ian brown - FEAR (UNKLE remix)

deux - deux

claude von stroke - who's afraid of detroit

happy mondays - pills, thrills & bellyaches

Rogers Sanchez, another chance wicked song, great end of the nighter ! Brill video as well.

Smith & Mighty - Remember me

The source & Candi staton - You got the love

Street Life - Randy Crawford

Toni de Bart - The real thing... (I still remember Godfather of manx house playing the tune in the acadamy)

Archived