Speeding Fines

wazzer

Of course I've exceeded the limit you idiot, I would have thought everyone has at some stage. Unless they invent a system whereby your car automatically shoots 40,000 volts through the steering wheel when you hit 31mph, people will always ecxeed the limit. That is why I have more sympathy with the person who started this thread, than I have with an idiot who comes on here gloating about getting away with a frankly ridiculous margin.

I suppose it's leopards and spots, and you will hopefully get caught eventually. You may learn your lesson when it hits your pocket.

'Half a job, every time over here.'

Just as well for you then on this occassion.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Of course I've exceeded the limit you idiot, I would have thought everyone has at some stage. Unless they invent a system whereby your car automatically shoots 40,000 volts through the steering wheel when you hit 31mph, people will always ecxeed the limit. That is why I have more sympathy with the person who started this thread, than I have with an idiot who comes on here gloating about getting away with a frankly ridiculous margin.

I suppose it's leopards and spots, and you will hopefully get caught eventually. You may learn your lesson when it hits your pocket.

'Half a job, every time over here.'

Just as well for you then on this occassion.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Given that we all exceed the speed limit at some point, without intention, it is hoped that we do not get caught.

If we do get caught, we have every right to contest it within the framework to which we are being prosecuted on.

I hope the person that started this thread gets away with it, because I see minor offences as fair game to quash.

If you have abs and good reflexes, you will never get caught in a speed trap

What utter guff. The second you see the speed trap it's already too late. And ABS is only really helpful for one thing - not locking up. It still looks obvious that you've slammed the anchors on as the front of the car will be nosediving into the tarmac.

Incidentally, if you slam on approaching a speed trap and lock up the wheels you'll get double shafted for losing control of your vehicle as well.

Well my theory has always worked for me, you don't slam the brakes on with a.b.s. you still brake gently, it's not an emergency stop you are after, or slowing from 70 mph to 30 mph, it's easy to brake from 40 to 30 without a nose dive, if you are an experienced driver and spot the yellow jacket in time, as more often than not when you approach a speed trap, there is always a car ahead, roads are too busy most of the time to avoid this. The gun will be on the first car approaching the police, it doesn't work without good reflexes though.

What utter guff. The second you see the speed trap it's already too late. And ABS is only really helpful for one thing - not locking up. It still looks obvious that you've slammed the anchors on as the front of the car will be nosediving into the tarmac.

Incidentally, if you slam on approaching a speed trap and lock up the wheels you'll get double shafted for losing control of your vehicle as well.

Well my theory has always worked for me, you don't slam the brakes on with a.b.s. you still brake gently, it's not an emergency stop you are after, or slowing from 70 mph to 30 mph, it's easy to brake from 40 to 30 without a nose dive, if you are an experienced driver and spot the yellow jacket in time, as more often than not when you approach a speed trap, there is always a car ahead, roads are too busy most of the time to avoid this. The gun will be on the first car approaching the police, it doesn't work without good reflexes though.

Good on ya Brianna.

Any tips to beat the pigs at their game are always welcome on this forum!

It's a pity they can't patrol the Mountain Road as effectively, given the standard of driving up there just now.

On my first ever driving lesson, the instructor said to me if I wasn't sure about the limit I should look for regularly spaced street lights, they meant 30mph. Now this doesn't always apply I know. (Baldrine being a good example of this). But I am interested to know if there were such street lights in that area where you weren't caught doing over 50% over the speed limit?

That is exactly what my driving instructor taught me too. He also said if at all in doubt, do 30mph until you see a sign to the contrary (schools and home zones excluded).

I think that Miss Take's advice is superb. As she said, it is far easier to keep a car under 30 in 3rd gear than 4th.

You could always ask to see the calibration certificate and calibration record of the speed gun, if this has not been accurately kept up to date or been tested on the day in question then evidence from the gun is unusable

Good on ya Brianna.

It's a pity they can't patrol the Mountain Road as effectively, given the standard of driving up there just now.

You must see some of the drivers I see on the mountain every day, that's where the police should be using their unmarked vehicles the most

Good on ya Brianna.

You must see some of the drivers I see on the mountain every day, that's where the police should be using their unmarked vehicles the most

I couldn't agree more, given what I saw last night...people driving like lunatics in poor conditions.

There is a time and a place, and the mountain road last night was not one of them.

You could always ask to see the calibration certificate and calibration record of the speed gun, if this has not been accurately kept up to date or been tested on the day in question then evidence from the gun is unusable

You should try that, and you will be laughed at and shown the XL sheet that is signed each time the gun is taken out along with the calibration tests that are run each time.

Good on ya Brianna.

I couldn't agree more, given what I saw last night...people driving like lunatics in poor conditions.

There is a time and a place, and the mountain road last night was not one of them.

Which is why there was another crash last night, or this morning rather, at 4am

You should try that, and you will be laughed at and shown the XL sheet that is signed each time the gun is taken out along with the calibration tests that are run each time.

you would be supprised how many forces across don't bother to calibrate the gun before taking it out, some are using them even well after the full calibration date

no its 30 mph 24 hours a day.. .. if you are in so much of a rush that breaking our laws means so little to you then perhaps island life isnt your bag..

they dont just put speed limits up for the fun of inconvenience sake..

you should try telling your police that then

very rare i see them doing the limit

why whats wrong with telling them yourself .. your mouth/typing finger works just fine doughnut.

I got that boat in the morning so no need

No, seriously, i did once, but the young chap just treatened to arrest me, the fact that i was naked and running around port erin at the time may have fundamentally hindered my cause for social injustice's to be halted

Archived