Hillsborough Remembered

My God, i can not believe what i have just read. it brought tears to my eyes - Roq how can you possibly write those things if you weren’t there? it was a terrible time and STILL there is no justice for the 96. and for you to attack Liverpool like that is disgusting!

from wikipedia

"There were accusations that the behaviour of the Liverpool fans contributed to the disaster. These centred around consumption of alcohol before the game and attempts to enter the ground without a ticket. Although Lord Taylor acknowledged that these aggravated the situation, they were only secondary factors.

Witness estimates of the number of fans that were drunk varied from a minority to a large proportion of the crowd. Although it was clear that many fans had been drinking, Lord Taylor stated that most of them "were not drunk nor even the worse for drink". He concluded that they only formed an exacerbating factor.

The possibility of fans attempting to gain entry without tickets or with forgeries contributing to the disaster was also suggested. South Yorkshire Police also suggested that the late arrival of fans amounted to a conspiracy in order to gain entry without tickets. However, analysis of the electronic monitoring system, Health and Safety Executive Analysis and eye witness accounts showed that the total number of people who had already entered the Leppings Lane End was far below the capacity of the stand. Additionally, eye witness reports suggested that tickets were easily available on the day of the game, and that tickets for the Leppings Lane End were still on sale from Anfield until the day before the game. The report dismissed the conspiracy theory."

oh those poor policemen!!!...

"A private prosecution was brought against David Duckenfield and another officer on duty, Bernard Murray. Prosecutor Alun Jones QC told the court that Chief Superintendent David Duckenfield gave the order to open gates that allowed hundreds of fans to flood on to the already crowded terraces at the Sheffield Wednesday stadium. Mr Jones then stated that minutes after the disaster, [Duckenfield] "deceitfully and dishonestly" told senior FA officials that the supporters had forced the gate open themselves. Duckenfield admitted that he had lied about certain statements regarding the causes of the disaster. Several other officers, including Norman Bettison, were accused of manipulating evidence. Bettison was later to be appointed Chief Constable of Merseyside in controversial circumstances. The prosecution was abandoned when Duckenfield's doctor declared him unfit to stand trial due to illness. Because he was unavailable, it was decided that it would be unfair to proceed with the charges against Bernard Murray. Duckenfield took medical retirement on a full police pension"

What an absolute atrocity of a person you are Roq.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh Rog I know you do it for shits and giggles but honestly is there any need....I know that the replies will have you beating your meat in excitement.

Nice one....

I seldom comment on this forum these days but when I do it is my genuine opinion.

The ‘victim’ attitude in the case of Hillsborough would be astonishing were it not that Liverpool was involved.

If the so called fans had behaved in a civilised manner and not created the situation which they did that left no option but to open the gates, and even then if the ‘fans’ outside had not acted like a heard of wild animals there would have been no disaster.

Of course it’s sad that close to 100 people were killed but the blame is absolutely with the so called fans who stampeded into the ground.

For those ‘fans’ to now blame the police for not stopping them from doing what they did is simply perverse.

Then to see the sickening pseudo-grief and listen to those who fed the crowd what they wanted to hear, especially making reference to ‘lads’ was candidly nauseating.

Lonan – you really have no idea about me or my life so don’t make up an image and then criticise it.

Lonan – you really have no idea about me or my life so don’t make up an image and then criticise it.

I do apologise. Since making up an image and then criticising it is clearly your forte, I shall defer to your mastery of the art.

Rog, as you are woefully misinformed about the particulars of the events that day in Sheffield, can I point you in the direction of this PDF which concisely and clearly, with reference to the findings of the Taylor report explains exactly what happened and what caused it? Not that I expect you to actually read it.

If the so called fans had behaved in a civilised manner and not created the situation which they did that left no option but to open the gates, and even then if the 'fans' outside had not acted like a heard of wild animals there would have been no disaster.

Of course it's sad that close to 100 people were killed but the blame is absolutely with the so called fans who stampeded into the ground.

To quote from the above document...

It is a commonly-held belief that the thousands of Liverpool supporters who entered via Gate C rushed into the back of the already-overfull central pens, with the effect that those supporters at the front were crushed to death (the BBC's Politics Show on 2/12/07 contains the latest example of this supposition. The BBC has since had to apologise for this, as there was never any evidence to support the view expressed).

CCTV evidence clearly showed supporters entering via Gate C walking across the concourse and into the tunnel.

Lonan ' you really have no idea about me or my life so don't make up an image and then criticise it.

On the contrary, I think it is abundantly evident to most people who have read your messages on this forum that you are a grade-A wanker and are wilfully ignorant of information which doesn't pander to your petty prejudices.

Yours sincerely,

An employed Liverpudlian.

Are you the Sun's editor Roq ?

One simple little thing could have stopped that whole tragedy happening.Open the gate yes , but close the tunnel down to the central pens and let the fans filter to the side pens.

Plus it was made worse by the fact that the police stopped 40 Ambulances from coming onto the pitch to give help.

Duckenfield should have faced charges for his actions that day.He was in charge of the police operation to guarantee the safety of the supporters and he failed miserably in his duty.

Clearly the previous lessons of Burnden Park, Bradford and Heysel were not implemented. If they had been the Hillsborough tragedy would have been avoidable. But when people are asking for 'justice' what is it you are looking for? Is the justice you are seeking some form of closure, is it righting an 'injustice' or is it seeking to punish those in positions of responsibility on the day?

I am genuinely not quite sure what the 'justice' is that people are looking for. This is not criticising you for seeking something you want - just trying to understand what it is and how it will help. Having lost a partner in difficult circumstances I know that nothing can compensate for loss, dim memories or remove sadness - in the Hillsborough case 96 times over.

One simple little thing could have stopped that whole tragedy happening.Open the gate yes , but close the tunnel down to the central pens and let the fans filter to the side pens.

Plus it was made worse by the fact that the police stopped 40 Ambulances from coming onto the pitch to give help.

The worst thing was that Duckinfield tried to shift blame on to the fans by accusing them of breaking open the gate which he himself had ordered to be opened and then concocted further false allegations of hooliganism, assaults on Police officers and other fans, widespread drunkenness and desecration of the bodies. And deluded bigots such as Rog (who, with his links to the Jewish people should be all too familiar with the negative effects of derogatory stereotypes) use these self-serving lies to bolster their ill-informed prejudice.

Manshimajin - the justice that people are looking for is that criminal charges (e.g. misconduct in a public office, perjury, perverting the course of justice) should be brought against the senior officers on duty that day, who were allowed to retire on generous pensions.Bearing in mind that a Police Officer who was on duty that day won £250,000 compensation in a court of law against South Yorkshire Police for Traumatic Stress caused by the negligence of senior officers, there is obviously a case to answer. (And compare that compensation with the maximum amount paid out for similar claims by relatives of £11,000).

The justice group want a real inquest to be carried out, rather than the farce which excluded any evidence after 3:15 on the day (and there is good evidence that at least one of the deceased was alive at least 45 minutes after that time) and which recorded a verdict of accidental death with no suggestion of negligence.

Archived