Hillsborough Remembered

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I caught glimpses of the broadcast and was nauseated by the appalling mawkishness of it.

You'll never stop that heady mix of anger, injustice, and over egged sentimentality when your dealing with scousers.

especially pissed ones who want someone else to blame to lessen their guilty consciences. why do they need someone to tell them/control them?? don't they know how to behave in an orderly manner?? lazy, thieving, illiterate wankers, er um er um er um. fuck em.

especially pissed ones who want someone else to blame to lessen their guilty consciences. why do they need someone to tell them/control them?? don't they know how to behave in an orderly manner??

As shown above (and mentioned in the Taylor report)...

CCTV evidence clearly showed supporters entering via Gate C walking across the concourse and into the tunnel.

lazy, thieving, illiterate wankers, er um er um er um. fuck em.

Illiterate? It would seem that you are the one who can't read...

the gospel according to the taylor report?? it probably burried more evidence/facts than it released to the public. you don't have to run to crush something, so what's walking got to do with anything? it's still a mass of folks not stopping pushing forward. and anyone with that accent obviously can't read properly or they'd talk properly.

the gospel according to the taylor report?? it probably burried more evidence/facts than it released to the public. you don't have to run to crush something, so what's walking got to do with anything? it's still a mass of folks not stopping pushing forward. and anyone with that accent obviously can't read properly or they'd talk properly.

Thanks for your continued comments - you showcase the ignorance and bile of your ilk far better than I ever could. Cheers! :)

Why would an impartial document such as the Taylor Report bury evidence damning the fans? Are you implying some hidden agenda to make scapegoats of the (clearly) innocent South Yorkshire Police? The exact opposite has been proved time and again. Duckenfield has admitted that he lied regarding factors crucial to the events of the day. CCTV tapes were stolen on the day.

Look, I know this is an internet forum, and I know people with no obvious connection to an otherwise tragic event would think anything of using it to get a cheap rise out of people (Rog, SultanofSheight and WTF).

But come on, 96 people died. At a sporting event. In England. The romans probably saw less fatalities on an average night at the colosseum.

I'm not expecting you all to start chanting "Justice for the 96". Far from it. But lets show some respect for the dead. Leave the petty footballing rivalries and "self pity city" jibes for another time.

I don't post much any more, but some of the posts on this thread moved me to step briefly out of retirement.

From me, that is all.

when have you ever seen an 'impartial' report sanctioned by the government released to the public without the governments consent/censorship?? look how many reports out there get shoved under the carpet because the powers that be don't like the results. i'm not saying the police were blameless, and the prat incharge jumped before he was pushed. but the 'crowd' were more to blame than the report showed based on the evidence those compiling the report were allowed to see and draw conclusions from.

but the 'crowd' were more to blame than the report showed based on the evidence those compiling the report were allowed to see and draw conclusions from.

And you, of course, have seen all the evidence that those compiling the report (actually just one person - Justice Taylor) didn't see so you know better than him.

Which begs the questions;

What is this extra evidence that a high-ranking Law Lord wasn't allowed to see and which you know all about?

and

How did you come to know about it when it is apparently a secret which someone who outranks the UK's senior legal profession doesn't want to be made public?

Of course we all know how the Conservative government at the time, led by Margaret Thatcher, loved the people of Liverpool and football fans in general and would go to any lengths to cover up any misdemeanors committed by either of those groups, to the extent that they would manipulate an official report from a High Court Judge and smear the reputations of senior Police Officers. <_<

CULTURE Secretary Andy Burnham will today tell his Cabinet colleagues they must suspend the 30-year secrecy rule on all Hillsborough documents.

He wants police logs and Home Office dossiers in the public domain so ministers can decide whether a public inquiry is justified.

But before the meeting of Gordon Brown’s top team in Glasgow he warned it would be “difficult”, adding: “I am not in the business of making promises I can’t keep.”

Mr Burnham also told the ECHO the barracking he received at yesterday’s Anfield memorial was “completely understandable.”

The Merseyside-born Everton fan heard chants of “Justice for the 96” rain down from The Kop in protest at the government’s refusal to re-examine the tragedy.

the 30-year secrecy rule is protecting who the fans or the goverment?

So let’s look a little closer at the Taylor Report.

For one thing it wasn’t written by Taylor, he managed its production and presentation and there were two versions that saw light of day.

Next there’s Taylor himself, a man at one point actually spoken of as being ‘a threat to the administration of justice’ by another very senior Judge.

For example he successfully prosecuted one particular case, that of an IRA ‘bomber’ who was actually a lunatic in another way in that she claimed responsibility for a crime she didn’t commit, a thing that was said later to have been patently obvious.

Another of his screw up’s was the prosecution of poor old Stefan Kiszko, another case of evidence being cherry picked in order to get the verdict that was ‘wanted’.

Not the ‘whiter than white’ person that he is being made out to be consequently the Taylor report itself becomes devalued.

What is painfully obvious reading the report is that if there was blame to be laid then it should not be focused on the police who simply did their job to the best of their ability and prevailing circumstances.

Instead it should especially be aimed at the unruly (and in many cases ‘worse for wear’) Liverpool mob, and the mob mentality that the police had to deal with, and also at the infrastructure and the custom and practice that was the norm at football grounds.

That last factor was a thing that was well known by the surging thugs and yobs who were the REAL villains of the piece that day but who still pushed, surged, and did whatever they could with no thought for others in their selfish want to ‘see the match’.

I pity the victims, I utterly condemn the so called fans.

If your criticism of Taylor based on his time as a prosecutor is valid, Rog, doesn't that show a pattern of supporting the establishment and the police, not of criticising it?

No, it shows a tendency to 'go with the flow'.

And your assertion is that "the flow" in 1989 was to demonise police officers and sanctify football supporters?

more of the middle ground, blame the cops enough to appease the fans in the false hope that prossecutions would follow, and not actually prossecute any police to keep them happy. in effect allow both sides to blame the other and agree with both sides.

Archived