Tesco Threat To Castletown - Headline ?

buggane

Notice a billboard outside 'IOM' newspapers on Saturday that said 'Tesco Threat To Castletown', anybody know what its about ?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Notice a billboard outside 'IOM' newspapers on Saturday that said 'Tesco Threat To Castletown', anybody know what its about ?

You could buy the paper and find out....

Went in the shop to buy it and there wasn't any! :lol:

News ain't even online! :lol:

Didn't Nostrodamus devote at least several quatrains to Tesco?

And the blue striped behemoth shall build iron towers and conquer.....

And if you read the Manx bible sideways after twenty pints, every 666th verse spells Tesco ( so I'm told )

Why buy the paper when I can read it on line for free ? - assuming of course that they put all the stories on the web page !

Why buy the paper when I can read it on line for free ? - assuming of course that they put all the stories on the web page !

Tightwad - Use the free copy in your local library then...

Dramatic headline to get people to buy a paper.

Shoppers are likely to go to Tesco's rather than shop in Castletown.

If you've seen the shops there you will understand why.

Tightwad - Use the free copy in your local library then...

Handbags :)

I don't buy the paper cause I'm only interested in a few of the headlines really (no interest in classifieds, job adverts, sport etc.) and I don't like waste, nothing to do with cost, pointless producing loads of paper to read the few headlines I'm interested in (which can be read on the net) to then throw away / recylce (assuming its not going into landfill / incinerator etc.)

Given that Tesco sells everything these days from pet insurance, foreign exchange, clothing, electrical goods, mobile phones and surprisingly even groceries, why not get them to take over the IOMSPC so they can really dominate the place?

I'd rather have a Booths here - but I guess that will never happen. Tesco is very so so as a supermarket - the British Lidl but more expensive.

Poor Castletown, what has it ever done to Tescos? port erin , port st mary and ballasalla want to be backing up castletown here. Lets see Tesco take on the Southern massif!

Archived