Keep The Isle Of Man White & Free From Foreigners

cassettiespagetie

Ok, so you don't care what the law says, so what do you mean by sovereignty?

I don't know how to quote people properly.

This, from Wikipedia, is what I mean by "sovereignty":

Popular sovereignty in its modern sense, that is, including all the people and not just noblemen, is an idea that dates to the social contracts school (mid-17th to mid-18th centuries), represented by Thomas Hobbes (1588–1679), John Locke (1632–1704), and Jean-Jacques Rousseau (1712–1778), author of The Social Contract, a prominent political work that clearly highlighted the ideals of "general will" and further matured the idea of popular sovereignty. The central tenet is that legitimacy of rule or of law is based on the consent of the governed. Popular sovereignty is thus a basic tenet of most democracies. Hobbes, Locke and Rousseau were the most influential thinkers of this school, all postulating that individuals choose to enter into a social contract with one another, thus voluntarily giving up some of their natural freedom in return for protection from dangers derived from the freedom of others. Whether men were seen as naturally more prone to violence and rapine (Hobbes) or cooperation and kindness (Rousseau), the idea that a legitimate social order emerges only when the liberties and duties are equal among citizens binds the social contract thinkers to the concept of popular sovereignty.

Oh wait, I forgot --- the Isle of Man isn't a democracy, it's a dictatorship. All the same, sovereignty is vested in We The People, whether the Powers That Be recognise it or not.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This, from Wikipedia, is what I mean by "sovereignty":

Popular sovereignty in its modern sense, that is, including all the people and not just noblemen, is an idea that dates to the social contracts school (mid-17th to mid-18th centuries), represented by Thomas Hobbes (1588–1679), John Locke (1632–1704), and Jean-Jacques Rousseau (1712–1778), author of The Social Contract, a prominent political work that clearly highlighted the ideals of "general will" and further matured the idea of popular sovereignty. The central tenet is that legitimacy of rule or of law is based on the consent of the governed. Popular sovereignty is thus a basic tenet of most democracies. Hobbes, Locke and Rousseau were the most influential thinkers of this school, all postulating that individuals choose to enter into a social contract with one another, thus voluntarily giving up some of their natural freedom in return for protection from dangers derived from the freedom of others. Whether men were seen as naturally more prone to violence and rapine (Hobbes) or cooperation and kindness (Rousseau), the idea that a legitimate social order emerges only when the liberties and duties are equal among citizens binds the social contract thinkers to the concept of popular sovereignty.

Oh wait, I forgot --- the Isle of Man isn't a democracy, it's a dictatorship. All the same, sovereignty is vested in We The People, whether the Powers That Be recognise it or not.

I think the reason why I find your views hard to interpret is because you are completely mix up theory and practice. And say contradictory things.

The people of the Island can be said to consent to be governed by others because they do nothing about changing their current form of government. But this consent is manufactured. People think they have no choice and think the current system of government is the only possible one. The fact that people are so easily misled and convinced about how they should be government making a mockery of idea of popular soveireignty and its value. It is the consent of those who, in the main, know no better.

Its no wonder we had such a large mental hospital in the shape of Ballamona and had one of the highest numbers for genetic birth defects, that is the end result of shagging your cousins, sisters, brothers nephews and nieces ect. Thank god there are some stopovers here now, the inbreds might not like it but at least we have been able to close Ballamona down and it gives the open minded manxies more choice.

Its no wonder we had such a large mental hospital in the shape of Ballamona and had one of the highest numbers for genetic birth defects, that is the end result of shagging your cousins, sisters, brothers nephews and nieces ect. Thank god there are some stopovers here now, the inbreds might not like it but at least we have been able to close Ballamona down and it gives the open minded manxies more choice.

Only partly true, perhaps. What we now have to be aware of is all the offspring of today's single mothers growing up and interbreeding with their half-brothers and sisters from the same area who have the same fathers.....

Not sure how religious people will take that in relation to Adam & Eve?

It has taken me almost 4 hours to make this post. I hope it gets to you

Why? Because I am posting from China....... and the Chinese assumption is that I will say something bad about them.

The internet is locked down here.

They're probably doing it for safety reasons as
is watching everything

Not sure how religious people will take that in relation to Adam & Eve?

The religious people won't matter.

Yellow will rule.I feel it in my bones somehow.

Again incredible ignorance. To avoid inbreeding it it not necessary to import more than 100% of the indigenous population in a single generation. Nor is it wise to import such a large amount from the same country. The demise of Ballamona is merely a symptom of different methods of treatment for mental illness rather than any reduction in occurance & your claim that we had one of the highest numbers of birth defects is just some bullshit you decided to spout with any perspective let alone evidence.

I assume from your post that you're either 10 years old or you didn't do well at school. Next time don't be so obvious and you may even get a few bites.

Come on. There were serious problems in the nineteenth century. Nothing really got going until the twentieth century when new blood came here. Inbreeding was really high in rural areas, though not so much Douglas, Ramsey, etc. Such communities would have harboured genetic defects and cognitive genetic traits that needed to be bred out.

Come on. There were serious problems in the nineteenth century. Nothing really got going until the twentieth century when new blood came here. Inbreeding was really high in rural areas, though not so much Douglas, Ramsey, etc. Such communities would have harboured genetic defects and cognitive genetic traits that needed to be bred out.

Oh right, is this something you have any evidence of or have you just made it up to support your wannabe English man point of view? In any case what do you hope to gain by stating such a "fact", as by your own admission the "problem" was solved over 100 years ago?

Archived