The Courthouse

TomTucker

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went last night for a meal. The food was a bit hit and miss most of the meals were lovely but the fishcakes were very rubbery and very bland. The fish and chips and app the steak were really good though! It didnt help last night that we all had to leave as the fire alarm went off. Trumpton turned up checked there was no fire and 45 mins later we went back in. Half the people didnt bother - so it was quieter and think getting drinks was a bit easier! Not sure that I would rush back at the moment for a meal, I would rather wait until they have settled in a bit, ok for a drink if going on somewhere. Also the night club - are app going to be charging £20 a head to get in and then you are given a £25 drinks voucher ....... will be interesting to see if that works out!!!

Also the night club - are app going to be charging £20 a head to get in and then you are given a £25 drinks voucher ....... will be interesting to see if that works out!!!

Doubt it - might get you half a lager. Would somebody please just open a normal pub wih real ale, unfussy furnishings, pleasant staff no gimmicks(£1 a pint unil Accrington Stanley score etc) would be quite happy to spend some of my disposal income in such a place.Is it really too much to ask?

I think what is lacking on the IOM is a really decent Surf and Turf Restaurant. The problem with the IOM is there is never enough sunshine for a braai

What, I Pray.........is a "surf and turf" restaurant?????? And are you referring to a barbecue?

I think what is lacking on the IOM is a really decent Surf and Turf Restaurant. The problem with the IOM is there is never enough sunshine for a braai

What, I Pray.........is a "surf and turf" restaurant?????? And are you referring to a barbecue?

Surely, you know what this is- are you just being stupid?

No, Although I am prone to bouts of unbridled stupidity, I really don't know......please elaborate..................................................................?

No, Although I am prone to bouts of unbridled stupidity, I really don't know......please elaborate..................................................................?

Allow me to explain. The surf is the seafood and the turf is the meat part. You must try it sometime, it is very nice.

Allow me to explain. The surf is the seafood and the turf is the meat part. You must try it sometime, it is very nice.

Sounds delightful !! Many thanks for your explanation ! Have you ever tried a bag of "chips and scraps" ?

Archived