The Courthouse

TomTucker

The downstairs bit has definitely got potential and you can see that there was money put into that but music wise it's a tough one. I've been there on the second week when it was open and I though that it's going to be a good place. The warm vinyl sounds, good tunes felt more of a european type place but went there twice this weekend and I felt like I was in havana (not good). Gid is a good dj and the things he did in past were absolutely brilliant. I know the place is there to make money not to appeal to sublime music tastes but the first night was much better when it comes to music and there were still way more people there than this weekend.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The downstairs bit has definitely got potential and you can see that there was money put into that but music wise it's a tough one. I've been there on the second week when it was open and I though that it's going to be a good place. The warm vinyl sounds, good tunes felt more of a european type place but went there twice this weekend and I felt like I was in havana (not good). Gid is a good dj and the things he did in past were absolutely brilliant. I know the place is there to make money not to appeal to sublime music tastes but the first night was much better when it comes to music and there were still way more people there than this weekend.

I agree that Havana is NOT good at all!

whats wrong with havana

they need to stop having bedroom DJs badly playing tunes from the 90's upstairs where it might be nice to speak to your mates at the beginning of the night.

Same goes for Apperitivo the tool in there played Robert Miles the other week :rolleyes:

I have heard reasonable reports of DJ in the CouncilHouse last thing we need in yet another cheezy handbag dancing joint but it makes money and if you put on good music with good DJs you can attract the wrong crowd so i guess it probably just go down the middle of the road like everywhere else.

whats wrong with havana

they need to stop having bedroom DJs badly playing tunes from the 90's upstairs where it might be nice to speak to your mates at the beginning of the night.

Same goes for Apperitivo the tool in there played Robert Miles the other week :rolleyes:

I have heard reasonable reports of DJ in the CouncilHouse last thing we need in yet another cheezy handbag dancing joint but it makes money and if you put on good music with good DJs you can attract the wrong crowd so i guess it probably just go down the middle of the road like everywhere else.

lol thats my fault, but the music should not be too loud, and its supposed to be funk, soul and the like...

Robert Miles, Children was a class tune.

Problem is to make money from selective music type is very hard on a small island, sad I know, if I had my way I would play Motown & Soul all night, but never gonna happen.

:(

I know it's fashionable to knock anything new - but I went for a meal with friends on Saturday evening and really enjoyed it. We sat in one of the 'booths' on the left - and every though they were well booked and we had to eat at 6.30, we were not rushed and the pace and attitude of the service and staff was exactly right. The food was also good - and although not cheap, I thought the prices were appropriate and I don't mind paying fairly if the night is enjoyable overall.

It's good to have somewhere new and different from elsewhere in Douglas - I hope it works out for them.

Micky

What Douglas needs is a sushi restaurant, not more of the same old same old pub food

you'd need good quality fresh fish for that to be good

What Douglas needs is a sushi restaurant, not more of the same old same old pub food

get your lazy arse a boat and get some. your just a consumer.

I don't want any sushi you conclusion jumping rude fuck

ha ha ha ha Hook, line, and sinker ,;.'/'.;,fat head lmao

Problem is to make money from selective music type is very hard on a small island, sad I know, if I had my way I would play Motown & Soul all night, but never gonna happen.

:(

Tell you what. I don't go to nightclubs because of the rubbish "" music" that DJ 's play. Bit of Motown & Soul might tempt me though. There is an audience for it. Try it you might be pleasantly suprised.

ha ha ha ha Hook, line, and sinker ,;.'/'.;,fat head lmao

yeah nice one

Archived