The Courthouse

TomTucker

No I haven't tried. It contains chips and that causes fat. That's why there are too many fat people. Too much eating of chips instead of proper foods

Oh...... OK! I admire your direct approach, I am sure you would be a welcome addition to a rain drenched "braai"....C YA!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also the night club - are app going to be charging £20 a head to get in and then you are given a £25 drinks voucher ....... will be interesting to see if that works out!!!

afaik, that's for the VIP section, and it's more like you have to stump up for a minimum bar tab of £25 in addtional to the entry fee. Although neither this or minxie's description sounds right. Whatever it is, I can't see the VIP thing lasting very long.

I understand the £8 is going/has gone down to £6.

Although neither this or minxie's description sounds right. Whatever it is, I can't see the VIP thing lasting very long.

Which bit doesn't sound right? (The night I went was the invitation only opening evening so I didn't pay any entry fees so couldn't comment on that part)

went on sat for a couple with the gfriend. really nice decor, furnishings etc. dont want to satrt knocking it, as they're bound to have teething probs, but left feeling bitterly dissapointed. it just looked chaos, with too many staff not knowing what they were supposed to be doing. no smiles either. gonna try the food on weds, looking forward to that, and, hopefully teething over.

Although neither this or minxie's description sounds right. Whatever it is, I can't see the VIP thing lasting very long.

Which bit doesn't sound right? (The night I went was the invitation only opening evening so I didn't pay any entry fees so couldn't comment on that part)

Pay £20 get £25 back in vouchers doesn't sound like a sustainable business model. I may have misunderstood your original post, though, in which case apologies.

Pay £20 to get in and have to pay £25 minimum drinks tab on top sounds more like LA than Douglas.

Had a brief butchers during a rare foray into Douglas over the weekend and was quite impressed with the décor but by Christ it’s a bit on the big side.

We were there Saturday night while there was a good head-count in the bar the place still looked half empty and I have to wonder what it’ll be like in 3-6 months time once some of the ‘new venue’ novelty factor has worn off.

All the same while it’s not my normal cup of tea it’s still nice to see a new place open up and I wish them well.

Pay £20 get £25 back in vouchers doesn't sound like a sustainable business model. I may have misunderstood your original post, though, in which case apologies.

It depends on how much they are overcharging you for the drinks - £25 worth of vouchers isn't that great if it's £12.50 for half a lager.

A VIP section….that tells me all I need to know about the place…

Agreed - for VIP read "self-important twat with too much money".

Do you in often then... 8-)

It depends on how much they are overcharging you for the drinks - £25 worth of vouchers isn't that great if it's £12.50 for half a lager.

I agree, 20 sqid will not last one decent round.

A VIP section….that tells me all I need to know about the place…

Agreed - for VIP read "self-important twat with too much money".

I'll be in there with my fake Rolex pretending to talk to important people on my cubic zircona encrusted mobile phone

Excellent

Get your people to talk to my people and we'll do lunch

post-4809-1242675311_thumb.jpg

Archived