The Courthouse

TomTucker

Drinks price (for vodka and coke) was cheaper than Havana.

yep. £7.70 for pint and a glass of wine in courthouse, not excessive. cant stand havana nowadays, just bad everything from the top down!

Doesn't say much when half the bar staff from Havana are now working in the Courthouse!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Went for lunch. £6.50 for an admittedly very nice bacon bap, another £1.50 for a tiny bowl of 5 odd chips. Staff absolutely wetting themselves with panic even though it was empty 'yes you can order, but only if you do it in the next 5 mins' and lots of people walking in, looking round and walking straight back out again. Brown, cavernous, cold and unwelcoming place that I won't be returning to in a hurry.

Had an excellent meal there last night, great atmosphere, well cooked and imaginative food, nicely lit room, good temp and well priced. Service was fine and suitable for the kind of place. Not in a hurry to turn the covers and enoyugh time to chat and let the last course go down.

Top place, just what the island needed, somewhere with a bit of class to rival bar/brasseries on the adjacent islands. :D

Had an excellent meal there last night, great atmosphere, well cooked and imaginative food, nicely lit room, good temp and well priced. Service was fine and suitable for the kind of place. Not in a hurry to turn the covers and enoyugh time to chat and let the last course go down.

Top place, just what the island needed, somewhere with a bit of class to rival bar/brasseries on the adjacent islands. :D

You sound like you work there. But what is this 'imaginative' food that you tell us about? Go on what sort of stuff is there?

Went in there on Wednesday for the first and last time, went in the afternoon so we could have a good butchers, 2 staff on and even though the place was empty we still had to wait to get served and the price of a glass of wine and a bottle of Corona £7.05, sod that. :(

Had a bite to eat on Saturday with friends and it was just about ok. The staff were great but at the moment it’s not really much more than a Wetherspoons with the lights switched off at ten times the price.

I wish them every luck as the Island needs all the pubs and bars it can get at the moment although until they bring the prices down to around the “just-extortionate” level then I won’t be rushing back.

You sound like you work there. But what is this 'imaginative' food that you tell us about? Go on what sort of stuff is there?

I dont. Providing some balance to what has become a miserable wholly negative moaning forum. Therefore, delighted that most of the moaners on here find it rubbish and expensive! :D

You wouldnt like it.

I went there (the upstairs part) for the first time on Saturday night, bracing myself for bad attitudes on the door, poor bar service and extortionate pricing.

I was greeted civilly by the door staff as I came in, served in reasonable time, got a £20 note ready for three vodka and cokes and was charged £8-something.

In all, it reminded me of a Wetherspoons in Nottingham I’ve been to. Might try the food there sometime.

I still need to get down on a weekend night. I went to one of the Stereoscout nights in the downstairs bit and I found it very nice. Maybe it would be good with a bit more seating but then I guess it is meant to be a club so game on to them.

Not sure about the music but I do hope they haven't reverted back to just playing the same pish that's in colours, paramount, outback etc.

Archived