Boo Hoo

plan_b

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm perfectly well aware of the rules of punctuation concerning abbreviations. And I'm surprised you didn't make a fuss about m8 as well. Or perhaps you think that's in the OED?

In recent years it's become acceptable in most publishing houses to drop the full stop after common abbreviations such as Dr., Mr., and - in some places, though admittedly mostly in the US - etc. So I don't feel too bad about having followed suit.

I came online tonight because I was depressed about some bad news and wanted to cheer myself up. Thanks for not helping, boys.

I came online tonight because I was depressed about some bad news and wanted to cheer myself up. Thanks for not helping, boys.

Awesome. You cheer yourself up by flaming Jeremy for his spelling and grammar. Well done, you must feel much better now. Maybe next time you could just try a glass of wine or something.

Ironic really. A bit like you taking the huff over her (rightly)accussing you of being a bully and then stalking her round the forum trying to start a fight. Some people have a psychological flaw. By pulling others down they have a short lived buzz that makes themselves feel better. I'm not saying you are like that of course but if you carry on then people might just think you are.

I have noticed that as soon as someone gives out personal information (especially women for some reason) you use it against them. It doesn't make for pleasant reading.

And, just for the record, it was the previous night when Ms Hellemans made her comment about punctuation. And she did it in a fair and balanced way I thought. She made her point with tongue in cheek and a touch of humour - a skill you might do well to learn.

Writers post on here for their work to be commented upon. If a professional writer thinks it relevant to point something out so a person's writings may be taken more seriously then so be it. It's what this thread SHOULD be all about.

Some people have a psychological flaw.

Indeed. And some people keep registering new names and new accounts all the time every time their current username has a hissy fit and storms off. Some people just need to drop their obsession.

I have noticed that as soon as someone gives out personal information (especially women for some reason) you use it against them.  It doesn't make for pleasant reading.

Uh ok, can you provide some explicit examples please. It's all very well bandying around nonsense accusations but I'd appreciate it if you backed them up with facts.

Writers post on here for their work to be commented upon. If a professional writer thinks it relevant to point something out so a person's writings may be taken more seriously then so be it. It's what this thread SHOULD be all about.

Indeed, and had Jeremy contributed some work to be commented on, your opinion might just be valid but seeing as his only contributions to this thread have been in discussions about the original post and subsequent followups, it doesn't hold water.

I have no idea who the professional writer is, but seeing as this thread descended into a grammar bitchfest on about Page 3, if they joined in, they're unworthy of the tag.

Oddly enough, I no longer find ans and his comments annoying. His attempts to be superior are so amusing they're almost worth logging on for. I was annoyed about the full stop after etc. because I knew it to be a genuine omission - though perhaps not quite as bad as spelling it wrong in the first place! - but ans has nothing in particular to say except what the Saxons might have dubbed 'snippy' comments. Or, to steal from W.S., 'all sound and fury, signifying nothing.' So roll on, ans. Keep posting if it makes you feel better. Why do lapdogs yap constantly? Because it's their only defence against bigger and more confident dogs.

:D

Oddly enough, I no longer find ans and his comments annoying.

But you did. Excellent. A troll needs to hear that he is appreciated.

but ans has nothing in particular to say except what the Saxons might have dubbed 'snippy' comments

And your thread derailment in the McDonalds libel case is a good example of that itself. Looking back at your posting history, you don't seem to have much to say other than criticising other people's spelling and grammar while boasting of how much weed you smoke.

But hey, you don't care, right?

Indeed, and had Jeremy contributed some work to be commented on, your opinion might just be valid but seeing as his only contributions to this thread have been in discussions about the original post and subsequent followups, it doesn't hold water.

What the hells that got to do with me?

Archived