[BBC News] Crossing jump drivers face action

Newsbot

Motorists who fail to stop for Isle of Man school crossing patrols are face prosecution, the government says.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/englan...ter/8259973.stm

Sorry - One typo too far now.

Remove this bloody useless news feed.

Poor old newsbot, it may make some fckups, but most - this one included - are actually the Beebs fault.

For me ignoring a school crossing patrol is worse than jumping a red light, it puts children in danger, should carry an automatic 3 month ban minimum.

The DOT have a foolproof plan to reduce the incidence of this: remove the school crossing patrols. Ask the parents of children in Ballaugh school where the Lollipop man retired and the DOT say they have no plans to replace him.

For me ignoring a school crossing patrol is worse than jumping a red light, it puts children in danger, should carry an automatic 3 month ban minimum.

The DOT have a foolproof plan to reduce the incidence of this: remove the school crossing patrols. Ask the parents of children in Ballaugh school where the Lollipop man retired and the DOT say they have no plans to replace him.

Wrong again with your relentless trying to blame the DoT they have been trying to get a replacement for a while, if you feel so strong about it get off your arse stop moaning and apply for it.

I think the lollipop people do a great job outside schools and helping children crossing busy roads at rush hour times.

However, I'm always puzzled by the lollipop chap who operates on the Somerset Roaqd and York Road junction. The junction has pedestrian controls and he only ever pops out into the road when the green man is on. Seems to be a pretty redundant exercise.

Mmmm. Strong is the sense of self survival in this one.

Would have uploaded a suitable picture but got this

Upload failed. Please ask the administrator to check the settings and permissions

Wrong again with your relentless trying to blame the DoT they have been trying to get a replacement for a while, if you feel so strong about it get off your arse stop moaning and apply for it.

No. You are wrong, as usual in your blinkered defence of the DOT in all things - they have sent a letter to the headmaster of the school telling him that there isn't enough traffic on the main road through Ballaugh to Jurby to justify a crossing supervisor. I can post you a copy of it if you wish.

If drivers are not stopping at the school crossing patrols get the police to us their unmarked cars and camera's as the drivers are breaking the law. then fine them 'ban them and make them take their driving test again :angry:

Archived