Lost Season 6

Shill

So, the final series of Lost will start on Feb 2nd in the US) and more than likely Feb 7th in the UK.

Thought I would kick off a topic to debate what we think might happen, what we would like to see answered and have some general lost banter before the new series.

I for one am genuinely excited about the conclusion, Lost has been constantly great, season 3 went a little bit off the mark but on the whole I personally feel it has been probably my favourite Drama TV series of all time.

So many questions to be unravelled

1) Walts special powers

2) Who is Jacobs enemy

3) Will old Smokey be unravelled once and for all

4) Richard Alpert ?

5) Jacks dad connections

6) Cursed numbers

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything else other than Dexter has turned to utter shit so this is a welcome return. I don't think any of the list below is spoilers, it just tells you what questions will be answered (and which wont be), not the answers to them. I've spoiler tagged it though just in case. I too plan to keep well away from spoilers as much as I can, unfortunately I've already seen a couple of minor ones.

Unsolved Mysteries

Most mysteries will resolve themselves in Season 6. However, according to Lost producers, some will not. Here's what we know:

Will not resolve

- How Libby got into the mental hospital.

- How Libby gave the boat to desmond.

- What the island actually is.

- Where the island's powers come from.

- What Boone wanted to tell Shannon before he died.

- What the numbers mean (this was resolved in the Lost ARG).

Will resolve

- Who Kate ultimately ends up with between Jack and Sawyer.

- Who is "coming" to the island (Jacob whispers to UnLocke)?

- What was the circle of ash around the abandoned cabin keeping in (or out)?

- What happened to Claire?

- Is "whatever happened happened" true or can time be changed?

- What is the Temple used for?

- Where did Richard come from? How old is he?

- Is Jacob good or evil?

- Is Jacob alive or did Ben succeed in killing him?

- Who was the man talking to Jacob on the beach ("Esau")?

- Do Jin and Sun reunite?

- Did Juliet survive the blast?

- What is the island's tie to Egypt?

- Definitively what exactly is the smoke monster?

- What does it means that Lapidus is a "Candidate"?

- What happened to the 815 survivors that were kidnapped by the Others?

- How was the statue destroyed?

- What caused the fertility problems on the island?

- What are the whispers that accompany the Others as they walk through the jungle?

- Who were the "Adam and Eve" corpses found in the first season?

- Who continued the Dharma supply drops after the purge?

I wanna know what happens to Locke. I reckon the dead version rolled out of the box will come back to life on the beach.

I was watching The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham last night and Wlat said he had a dream about Locke standing on a beach wearing a suit surrounded by people who wanted to hurt him.

I don't think that has happened yet and UnLocke isn't wearing a suit anymore so.........

• 2 weeks later...

I'm of the opposite opinion to Ans, i thoroughly enjoyed seasons 1, 2 and 3 and thought it was on a fairly steep decline since then. i just found the off island parts totally uninteresting and too confusing. I will still watch season 6 as i am keen to find out all the conclusions and explanations, but i wouldn't class Lost as one of the best programmes on TV. I actually prefer Fringe, John Noble is compulsive viewing!

Is this thread gonna be sync'd with the UK or US airings?

I'll be posting in here after it shows in the US. That's the usual pace for Lost threads on here

Yep, it it's aired in the US, it's not a spoiler anymore. If you're not downloading the episodes, stay out of the thread between Wednesday mornings and Sunday nights basically.

Yeah, I know that. However, I think the majority of people who contribute to the speculation on this forum download and watch at the earliest opportunity and with the showing moving from Wed to Tue this season, that's five days of "WTF WAS THAT? LOST SUCKS!!!!11" we don't get to post.

Doesn't suit you, but I think it's "needs of the many" on this.

Quick update: Sky have changed the day it will be shown, it is now going to be a Friday at 9pm on Sky1 and Sky1HD

So the first episode will be Friday 5th in the UK.

Archived