Manx Nationalism Is Worrying

kersal

There is an interview/questionaire on page 18 of this weeks Courier with a founder of Mannin Aboo. What a wally! her perfect day would be going somewhere nice and having chips, perfect meal MacDonalds, she only watches the Simpsons and Jeremy Kyle, and hates nasty men who gossip and argue like old women.

Anyone whose perfect meal is McDonalds should be dragged through the street in a dustcart and thrown in the harbour Manx or not. You should be ashamed to be Manx if that is your aspiration you loser.

In fact what sort of dipshit applauds the way American cultural imperialism spoils a quiet rural community but dislikes the English influence on the Island so much they spraypaint slogans. Your a fucking moron love ... get your coat.

She's a new kid on the block and fuelled by idealism rather than sense. Bit harsh to call her a moron - she's young and she'll learn.

I just checked their Facebook site. Some words of encouragement quoted from a certain Mr Bobby Sands from one member.

Their Myspace is much better:

The Isle of Mann forever- Mannin Aboo! A group for all the Celtic Heroes' Ny Fennee' upholding all things Celtic and Gaelic and fighting for Freedom and, most importantly, fighting for INDEPENDENCE!!!

Unfortunately I couldn't find a link to their undoubtably well thought out and comprehensive plan for independence, but I'm sure it's there.

I thought her Courier interview showed her to be a young lady of some character. She has a sense of humour and has a down to earth attitude.

I applaud the guts of the young people for standing up for what they believe even if they upset others. Hopefully they will not be influenced too much by those who accept the status quo and see no reason why it should change.

I applaud the guts of the young people for standing up for what they believe even if they upset others.
I don't applaud anyone who has the guts to stand up for what they believe in. I wouldn't applaud a young member of a political party, for example. Or a young outspoken religious person. I assume you mean that you admire their courage, rather than applaud.

I applaud the guts of the young people for standing up for what they believe even if they upset others.
I don't applaud anyone who has the guts to stand up for what they believe in. I wouldn't applaud a young member of a political party, for example. Or a young outspoken religious person. I assume you mean that you admire their courage, rather than applaud.

Applaud:

1. To express approval of (someone or something) especially by such clapping.

2. To commend highly; praise:

LDV, you really can be a witnit.

She's a new kid on the block and fuelled by idealism rather than sense. Bit harsh to call her a moron - she's young and she'll learn.

Anyone whose culinary nadir is McDonalds is de facto a moron. How can you fight for the Islands 'Celtic culture' if you like the fact that McD's is here blotting the landscape and littering our street, and stuffing your face in one of the most hideously brash US imports of all time. Maybe she thinks that drive through chip shop would be more culturally relevant here. What a fuckwitt.

Anyone whose culinary nadir is McDonalds is de facto a moron. How can you fight for the Islands 'Celtic culture' if you like the fact that McD's is here blotting the landscape and littering our street, and stuffing your face in one of the most hideously brash US imports of all time. Maybe she thinks that drive through chip shop would be more culturally relevant here. What a fuckwitt.

You might like to consult a dictionary on the difference between "nadir" and, say, "acme", but your point is well made.

It's a pity then that all we've seen so far is bluster and empty sloganeering.

I'd applaud it if there were some sign that this had been thought through and their beliefs reasoned, but so far it all smacks of attention seeking and setting up a mildly provocative bandwagon.

It's a pity then that all we've seen so far is bluster and empty sloganeering.

I'd applaud it if there were some sign that this had been thought through and their beliefs reasoned, but so far it all smacks of attention seeking and setting up a mildly provocative bandwagon.

I suggest that to be an aspiring politician you should have passion. Reasoned arguments and policies come in the course of time for some - unfortunately not for all.

I suggest that to be an aspiring politician you should have passion. Reasoned arguments and policies come in the course of time for some - unfortunately not for all.

I'd prefer that passion to be a manifestation of conviction arising from due consideration and reasoned argument, rather than reason and thought being used to justify what looks like a knee jerk position long after it's adopted. This is especially the case when we're talking about something as important and as monumental a change as the constitutional status of an entire people.

To be honest, to blithely cry out for independence with such scant attention paid to the hows and whys takes the piss.

There is a difference between having a taste for the limelight and a passion for politics and serving your community.