Doctor Who

- Paul -

BBC One 6.20pm Saturday 3 April.

The new regenerated Doctor has twenty minutes to save the world - and only Amy Pond can help him.

Nice quiet start then.

Not bad at all although the music score seemed a bit more intrusive than the previous series.

Not bad at all although the music score seemed a bit more intrusive than the previous series.

yeh i really noticed it a lot more last night, seemed a bit too much IMO

still cracking episode, if a bit predictable, but then its dr who......

Not made up my mind on the new Dr yet, it still feels as if he has not fully settled as a character yet. Maybe it is because of the shadow cast by the previous Dr.

and as for Karen Sheila Gillan.... cor indeed... and kissogram... I think they could not get away with saying she was a stripper...

Not sure I liked the new Dalek design as shown last night.

They looked like they'd been over designed by the Russians during the cold war.

And those colours......would merciless killing machines really worry about that?

• 8 years later...

I admit I never really watched the "old" Doctor Who and only started watching with Christopher Ecclestone as the Doctor although I would classify David Tennant as "my Doctor".  Since then I have continued to enjoy the series and have even gone back and started to watch the older series.

Jodie Whittaker has, in my opinion, brought a new dynamic to the character and really freshened things up.  I really enjoyed the first episode and thought it actually had some real menace at times.  It certainly did not feel like any of the more recent episodes.

Archived