Snow !

Tempus Fugit

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes a eighth of a inch and the neenaws start their chant as they go to work,has the gritters been out yet or have they been caught out again.

Well it wouldn't suprise me if they didn't go out and go on a work to rule i.e. only go out when told and given notice, afterall as people keep saying the DoI workers are useless and they could do a better job, so maybe now is the time to prove it.

Well it took me an hour and a quarter to get from Colby to Douglas this morning due to everybody being scared to drive down Richmond at anything other than a snails pace leading to a tailback all the way to the Blackboards. Looks like there was a smallish accident at the bottom of the bypass with a silver car off the road with police van behind it with its hazards on.

I can't say if the slowness of traffic was over cautious driving or treacherous conditions? Richmond did look a bit iffy but not undrivable.

Was 'chuggin' along in my van this morning - it's not the best of vehicles in the snow, I was slowly crawling up a hill - in first gear.

If I just let the wheels spin very gently they bite a bit and I go forward, then spin a little - this is a slow, but gentle progress.

Taking my time and care to get up a hill, I was dumbfounded by the amount of people trying to overtake, and not in much control of their vehicles!

Was 'chuggin' along in my van this morning - it's not the best of vehicles in the snow, I was slowly crawling up a hill - in first gear.

If I just let the wheels spin very gently they bite a bit and I go forward, then spin a little - this is a slow, but gentle progress.

Taking my time and care to get up a hill, I was dumbfounded by the amount of people trying to overtake, and not in much control of their vehicles!

Same happened to me up the richmond, they must think in doing 15mph for the fun of it.

Enjoying the sunshine and blue skies here in Ramsey :cool:

Onchan to Ramsey was a good drive this morning, pretty clear after the Whitebridge.

You should have tried the West into Douglas - queues and more queues. Where were the DOI? Nowhere!

Archived