Snow !

Tempus Fugit

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had a look at the mountain road webcams - I can see why the road is closed to traffic. I don't think I have ever seen worse conditions in November. I can't see the mountain road getting much use this winter if this is anything to go by. What happened to global warming?

Just had a look at the mountain road webcams - I can see why the road is closed to traffic. I don't think I have ever seen worse conditions in November. I can't see the mountain road getting much use this winter if this is anything to go by. What happened to global warming?

I think they aid it will re-open at 4pm, just when the sun goes down and it gets all frozen up again, for them to close it for the night :lol:

/cynic mode

Different year same dance a bit of ice/snow and chaos appears i bet the was a load of people late for work this morning.

there were loads of people late for work the other day, not because of snow, just that the wonderful buses didn't bother turning up around Anagh Coar route 21 :blink:

/ot

Different year same dance a bit of ice/snow and chaos appears i bet the was a load of people late for work this morning.

I wasn't. I heard the forecast, anticpated the problem and left home half an hour earlier.

I blame the government myself. They should be able to control the weather better!

The fun was up here on Heather/Hazel Crescent,solid ice on road and pavements,bus crawling up 10am,get's stuck other side of Hazel,all cars/vans had to turn around and go down against the one way,they had to couldn't get around the other way.

I was in town and noticed that the pavements outside the Town Hall was nicely gritted,well it's on the flat,up at Pulrose it's let's forget it,what do we pay rates for?,oh and road tax,this is a main bus route,so it should have been done as it's a hill.

Well it took me an hour and a quarter to get from Colby to Douglas this morning due to everybody being scared to drive down Richmond at anything other than a snails pace leading to a tailback all the way to the Blackboards. Looks like there was a smallish accident at the bottom of the bypass with a silver car off the road with police van behind it with its hazards on.

I can't say if the slowness of traffic was over cautious driving or treacherous conditions? Richmond did look a bit iffy but not undrivable.

Why did they not put the anti-skid surface on Richmond Hill? And why after spending a huge wedge on it is all the ironwork not level with the road? Some exclamation points to follow !!!!

Onchan to Ramsey was a good drive this morning, pretty clear after the Whitebridge.

When I came out, traffic was moving freely up the hill out of Onchan heading north, but there was a very long queue down the hill the other way, although the main road was in pretty good condition. This was an hour after most people should have been at work.

Why do so many people get caught out when conditions are bad?

Why do so many people get caught out when conditions are bad?

they havn't got the new generation of alarm clocks with built-in crystal ball weather predictor to wake them up an hour earlier than usual :lol:

That suggests they do not allow spare time every morning for frivolities like breakfast and an extra cup of tea!

But the bad weather this morning was forecast early enough for the alarm to be reset earlier! :D

But the bad weather this morning was forecast early enough for the alarm to be reset earlier! :D

That depends which weather forecast you look at though.

On the BBC website yesterday they had the IoM forecast saying no prospect of snow and right next to it a link Heather with the weather on North West Tonight saying snow was likely.

Basically they just make it up don't they.

Archived