Snow !

Tempus Fugit

I do love how many people on a Sunday feel that their journey is so important. Passed a lady driving (loosly termed) down Kewaigue hill with a line of traffic behind here, all too scared to overtake her. I went up to B&Q, came back through and she is still on the damn hill.

Some other dolt was playing "let's see if spinning my wheels helps...at all" trying to get up the hill.

These people should be booked as they are obviously unaware of the laws of physics.

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would grit the road and pavement myself if there were salt boxes where I live,I got 3 small bags of grit/salt from Douglas Amenity Centre and sprayed the pavement outside my own home and my two pensioner neigbours,what was left I put on the road.

The gritter finally came up Heather Crescent 9.30am Saturday with a quick speedy run faster than the 20mph speed limit.

If some people can remember last January this area was left for a week without gritters or buses,we were cut off,just a mile from Douglas Town Centre,the idea of gritting is to spread it before the snow comes,it works better than on top.

I would grit the road and pavement myself if there were salt boxes where I live,I got 3 small bags of grit/salt from Douglas Amenity Centre and sprayed the pavement outside my own home and my two pensioner neigbours,what was left I put on the road.

The gritter finally came up Heather Crescent 9.30am Saturday with a quick speedy run faster than the 20mph speed limit.

If some people can remember last January this area was left for a week without gritters or buses,we were cut off,just a mile from Douglas Town Centre,the idea of gritting is to spread it before the snow comes,it works better than on top.

I don't think you should spray pensioners with grit.

Archived