Wanted: Friends For My Wife

dave1978

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, this is a serious post albeit slightly tongue-in-cheek. I'm worried about her being isolated when we move. She will need like-minded people.

What area are you moving too?

No point her having arranged friends in Port Erin when you're moving to Ramsey, they'll need packed lunches and passports to pop round. Is your wife attractive or a minger? I only ask because you want attractive friends for her and I worry that she will feel insecure if they are much more attractive than your wife. It might be better to have 'equaly' plain friends or really unatractive friends and then she will feel pretty and attractive.

... alcoholic gossip with children ...

As seen every day at Shoprite in Ramsey.

My ex-wife'll do it. She'll sit on her arse and do jack-shit but talk and drink coffee 'til the cows come home........

My ex-wife'll do it. She'll sit on her arse and do jack-shit but talk and drink coffee 'til the cows come home........

That's a coincidence, we both share the same ex-wife!

Meet me for a pint sometime...... :lol:

Meet me for a pint sometime...... :lol:

No chance, you'll just try to palm me off again with your latest wife. :P

It was you I got the first one from, wasn't it........?! :blink:

I would suggest looking at local kids activities. Depending on the age of your children there are numerous things your wife could get involved in and meet other mums. My wife has meet people through pregnancy groups, breast feeding groups, baby yoga (which then can lead onto other yoga groups). Just for starters, but again I don't know where you're moving too, how old your kids are or what your wife is into.

In a nut shell, I'm sure if she gets out and about she'll meet loads of new people. After working in Brighton (originally aussies) we where really suprised how quickly we made friends here (vs Brighton which was very clicky) and within a month had a very nice social group who are still some of our besties.

Archived