Once Again, Thank You To All Manx Residents

y2blade

You are more than welcome OP.

The locals who would like to see the TT restricted or even banned are very much in the minority and only get a hearing on the likes of MF. Their vociferous posts can (like many topics on here) give a very skewed overall view and are not representative of the majority of island residents*.

Most of us look forward to seeing you in 2012.

*imo

And in my opinion you are wrong, BB.

Who are you again exactly, and since when has anyone given a shit about our opinion ?.

Pauld, who are you again exactly, and since when has anyone given a shit about our opinion ?.

Yasea wha I did thar?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The locals who would like to see the TT restricted or even banned are very much in the minority and only get a hearing on the likes of MF. Their vociferous posts can give a very skewed overall view and are not representative of the majority of island residents*."

MDO where does BB say anything that tries to represent a whole island view.

He says maggots like you are in the minority, thats all.

"The locals who would like to see the TT restricted or even banned are very much in the minority and only get a hearing on the likes of MF. Their vociferous posts can give a very skewed overall view and are not representative of the majority of island residents*."

Yes he does say that. My point is he is no postion to make such a claim. He does not know either way whether the majority love or hate the TT.

It is mearly a biased opinion based on him being Pro-TT, that he feels that his "side" has the majority, and that anyone who holds a contrary postion to him must surely be in the minority.

The only way anyone would know for definate is if the continuation of the TT is put to a national referendum. Then we would know for certain which "side" has the majority.

Y2Blade - Thank you for visiting our Island and I am glad you had a great time. Ride safely!

Yes he does say that. My point is he is no postion to make such a claim. He does not know either way whether the majority love or hate the TT.

It is mearly a biased opinion based on him being Pro-TT, that he feels that his "side" has the majority, and that anyone who holds a contrary postion to him must surely be in the minority.

The only way anyone would know for definate is if the continuation of the TT is put to a national referendum. Then we would know for certain which "side" has the majority.

MDO - I think you will find that the majority don't care either way. However, Tell them that if the TT goes they will lose their Senior Race Day bank holiday and they will soon be on side. However, I agree with BB. You are already a minority. Virtually every resident I have spoken to over the past two weeks has done nothing but speak of the TT in a positive way. In fact the only negative I have heard has been 3-4 people, including yourself, on MF. ;)

He knows the majority of manx people do, and like the rest of us, we dont give a toss what settlers/transient/ economic migant residents like you think.

He knows the majority of manx people do, and like the rest of us, we dont give a toss what settlers/transient/ economic migant residents like you think.

He knows everyone on the island and their opinions? No of course he doesnt.

Back in your hole troll.

Virtually every resident I have spoken to over the past two weeks has done nothing but speak of the TT in a positive way.

Wow "vitually" every resident you spoke to. Thats it. The gib is up. The most comprhensive study of IOM TT resident opinion has been completed.

20 or 30 people you know does not make a legitimate sample group.

Oh my goodness, must everything turn into a fight?! The nice person only posted good things and it's turned into the usual scrapping session - I bet he/she wishes they hadn't bothered!!

BTW, y2blade, I'm glad you enjoyed it, it's always nice to hear "foreigners" ;) saying good things about our lovely Island :)

Thats the difference its the "TT" to most manx people, and the "bloody TT" to a minority of residents, who mainly, do not have any interest in racing, but still find it too dangerous, and think the riders should be protected against themselves.

The response from vitually all of the visitors to TT this year has been a very positive one. The only (fairly mild) complaints were about the entertainment on the Promenade and the lack of any real entertainment - other than bands - elsewhere.

They were all impressed with the friendliness of the local people (MDO and Evil Goblin having probably retired to their trolls' cave until it was all over :D ) and with the cleanliness of the place. :blink:

There were a LOT of first-time visitors and, almost without exception, they were keen to return next year.

The most frequently asked question was whether there was a real antipathy to the event amongst the locals - and my usual answer was the opponents mostly consist of those whose lives are disrupted by it without receiving any visible benefits i.e. members of the finance sector etc who earn so much money that even a delay of 15 minutes getting to/from work is catastrophic!

For the rest of us - people involved in transport, retailing, catering and hospitality - the TT is a godsend.

I'm glad to hear that, like most of the visitors and residents, y2blade had a good time.

Personally, I don't care how many of the idiots kill themselves - it's the disruption, cost and danger to resident road-users and the ill which bothers me. And by the way, please don't copy Goebbels again - repeat the lie (most Manx people) more and more often and we still won't believe you.

Thats the difference its the "TT" to most manx people, and the "bloody TT" to a minority of residents, who mainly, do not have any interest in racing, but still find it too dangerous, and think the riders should be protected against themselves.

Thats the point, you dont know one way or the other.

No-one on this island truely knows the sentiment of the majority towards the TT.

They only way to know once and for all is a referendum.

Archived