Once Again, Thank You To All Manx Residents

y2blade

For the rest of us - people involved in transport, retailing, catering and hospitality - the TT is a godsend.

I wonder, do you make so little, that the extra you make over the TT fortnight (above and beyond what you would make on a normal fortnight) that it really is a god send, or just some extra spending money?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the rest of us - people involved in transport, retailing, catering and hospitality - the TT is a godsend.

A few deaths (residents or otherwise) are a price well worth paying so that he can have an extra £100 in his pocket.

My arrows appear to have penetrated the caves of the trolls! :lol:

The extra I earn is a godsend - it helped to pay a number of bills. Just as important, however, is the fact that the visitors to the TT, even when they've been drinking, are never as abusive or ill-mannered as the local drunks.

As for the 'few deaths' mentioned so casually by Vile Goblin - that subject is already available for debate on other threads and only a somewhat twisted troll would think it appropriate to mention it one started by someone expressing thanks for the warm welcome received.

The extra I earn is a godsend - it helped to pay a number of bills. Just as important, however, is the fact that the visitors to the TT, even when they've been drinking, are never as abusive or ill-mannered as the local drunks.

But the point I'm trying to make, surely while a bonus, would you get by with out the TT.

Does the extra you make during TT, over your normal income, make a difference over the year?

In other words would you be destitute without the extra?

But the point I'm trying to make, surely while a bonus, would you get by with out the TT.

Possibly... although I'd rather not have to try.

Does the extra you make during TT, over your normal income, make a difference over the year?

Yes.

Not necessarily... but see the answer to first point.

In simple terms, as almost every taxi driver will tell you, it is just about the only time when working very long hours is truly justified. I'd suggest that our TT visitors are more generous than the likes of yourself - not just in financial terms, but in spirit as well.

Are both the same person?

Afraid not.

I was looking at the TT from the financial perspective, mainly from Lonan3's comment about those affected financially by the TT i.e. a taxi driver, rather than an office based worker such as myself.

I havent mentioned deaths or accidents in this thread.

Possibly... although I'd rather not have to try.

Yes.

Not necessarily... but see the answer to first point.

In simple terms, as almost every taxi driver will tell you, it is just about the only time when working very long hours is truly justified. I'd suggest that our TT visitors are more generous than the likes of yourself - not just in financial terms, but in spirit as well.

Not sure what the cheap shot was for. I was mearly enquiring as to financial gains above and beyond a normal fortnight.

Different bait, same goal.

Different day different shit, Tshirt owner.

Are you using some osrt of random gibberish generator?

Fantastic!

You spotted a mistype. Well done you.

Given the context, an intelligent poster would have proof-read his offering.

Archived