Once Again, Thank You To All Manx Residents

y2blade

Just a quick post to thank you all for the very warm welcome that us lot visiting your beautiful Island received during TT fortnight

Although I have been coming to the TT for 11 years now this was my first visit as a footpassanger, I got to sample your public transport for the first time :) and what a pleasant experience that was

We are already booked to come across for TT2012

thank you again

:)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hang on there MTP, you should also have mentioned the ninth post down where he says

"FFS don't take me too seriously, I've been on the beer all afternoon

I've done a bit of road cycling myself, yep not for the faint of heart at times"

Glad you enjoyed it Y2 - Its a pleasure to have you coming over. :D

MTP are you one of that happy band of cyclists who go out in a 'posse' riding 2,3,and 4 abreast and seem oblivious of other road users who may want to overtake them safely? I would venture to suggest that some may find it a tad tedious bimbling along behind such a group when to pass them would involve crossing a continuous or double white line.The situation is not helped by the odd one or two in the group gesticulating in an offensive manner while I'm following at a safe distance at 10-15 mph. I always suggest that my passengers wave cheerily in the hope of encouraging mutual respect. Hope you have a nice day and may your god go with you.

You are more than welcome OP.

The locals who would like to see the TT restricted or even banned are very much in the minority and only get a hearing on the likes of MF. Their vociferous posts can (like many topics on here) give a very skewed overall view and are not representative of the majority of island residents*.

Most of us look forward to seeing you in 2012.

*imo

Smacks of damage limitation to me. And with such a grovelling thread here I suspect the OP's been 'on the beer' all yesterday evening as well.

I'm not sure that damage limitation is something people worry about on a public forum. It's not like customs are going to pull him up on his next visit and say, "hey aren't you the guy who made a funny about cyclists."

y2blade - glad you had a good time and hope you make it back next year.

The locals who would like to see the TT restricted or even banned are very much in the minority and only get a hearing on the likes of MF. Their vociferous posts can (like many topics on here) give a very skewed overall view and are not representative of the majority of island residents*.

*imo

And in my opinion you are wrong, BB.

*imo

And in my opinion you are wrong, BB.

Who are you again exactly, and since when has anyone given a shit about our opinion ?.

*imo

OP, please do not take the opinions presented here (by BB) as representative of the ENTIRE IOM's opinion on the TT. He neither speaks for the majority nor knows the opinion of the majority, whether for or against the TT.

Archived