General Election 2011 - Castletown

Declan

http://iomelections.com/2011/news/news_story_171715.html

Former Castletown Commissioner Richard Ronan gained the seat vacated by Tony Brown in Castletown.

He received 524 votes.

He was closely followed by school teacher Jason Moorhouse on 280.

3rd was Mahendra Patel, Colin Leather came 4th, Carol Quine 5th and David Pownall 6th.

Well Played EnergyFM

He was closely followed by Moorhouse but he received 479 votes not 280 which was the amount Patel got so they got their numbers muddled

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they got their numbers muddled

As someone whose tax subsidises this radio station, I am outraged they could make such a basic error about something so important.

I hope one of the first priorities of the new Tynwald is a select committee to decide whether government should continue to give money t them.

they got their numbers muddled

As someone whose tax subsidises this radio station, I am outraged they could make such a basic error about something so important.

I hope one of the first priorities of the new Tynwald is a select committee to decide whether government should continue to give money t them.

EnergyFM is subsidised by our taxes? When did this happen?

EnergyFM is subsidised by our taxes? When did this happen?

Every time a government ad runs

And the local Papers too don't forget with the Government Notices and the like. Whats the figure? About half a mill a year? Anybody?

There are probably legal reasons for it but with todays multimedia and most peoples connection with some form of it, a change in the law regarding gov notices would save a few bob

I believe that IOMan Newspapers are offering heavy discounts to current advertisers, hence the plethora of adverts in the Courier etc of late.

Are the Govt also getting this new discounted rate I wonder?

I believe that IOMan Newspapers are offering heavy discounts to current advertisers, hence the plethora of adverts in the Courier etc of late.

Are the Govt also getting this new discounted rate I wonder?

I believe Energy FM and Three FM are offering heavy discounts to current advertisers, especially off-Island media agencies which bring in 'national' (ie UK) advertising.

Is the government also getting this not so new discounted rate, I wonder.

• 3 years later...

Archived