General Election 2011 - Castletown

Declan

That's quite amusing, he can't even read his own terrible script properly. He also sounds like he's desperate for the loo, you know that panicky feeling you get when your stomach says "toilet now" and there's already someone locked in the bathroom.

Don't know much about this guy but he comes across very badly and I hope he doesn't get in.

edited for speeling.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://election.manxradio.com/candidates/colin-leather.aspx

Anyone else think this was all prompted?

I presume you're talking about the video from Mandate? That's horrendous, he's just sat there reading out answers to each question.

But how does he know that the first question.....(out of all the issues out there)....would be on his top page,(as he flicks for other "quotes"), where Davis bowls him an under-arm and he lays straight into Ronan without hesitation.

Seems all a bit strange when you analyze the links between both men and the Hovis!

Also, how can he "definitely" be against the views regarding the Local Commissioners' role and then at the end of his interview state he wants Local Govt. reform to enable greater powers??????

This interview is shameful!!

Manx Radios impartiality needs to be reviewed.

[This interview is shameful!!

Manx Radios impartiality needs to be reviewed.

Is the allowing of prepared notes for pre arranged questions, a new thing.? Was it brought in because the first half dozen who were interviewed could not answer the questions and sounded thick?

I have been a supporter of manx radio in the main, but these videos are terrible. When listening to these candidates on the radio, you have to hope it is live and raw, but seeing the videos just makes a mockery of the whole process. What a massive let down. Again I ask how this is viewed by "outsiders"?.

This very valuable opinion

Hmm, interesting. You make an important and well-argued point, I'd never thought of it like that before.

Could this be a haiku of deep wisdom after much contemplation of nature and the laws of things, or is it that Sandra has had a few too many Martinis in the Glue Pot ? With pithy and penetrating analysis like this she should be whisked up Douglas Head in a limo into the election pundit's chair next to Charles Cain at Manx Radio.

This very valuable opinion

Could this be a haiku of deep wisdom after much contemplation of nature and the laws of things, or is it that Sandra has had a few too many Martinis in the Glue Pot ? With pithy and penetrating analysis like this she should be whisked up Douglas Head in a limo into the election pundit's chair next to Charles Cain at Manx Radio.

I was thinking she should stand for the constituency.

I love it... "Meanwhile, in Castletown he says more needs to be done with the regeneration scheme as, despite the aesthetic improvements, the variety and number of retail outlets which form the vital basis of the heart of the town has been reduced."

Patels Chemist is one of the biggest eyesores going in the town, it looks like its about to fall down at anytime.

Colin leather is another beauty, but writing much about him will only make me angry before I go to bed.

Archived