General Election 2011 - Castletown

Declan

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fifth Candidate:

http://www.manxradio.com/newsread.aspx?id=54279

Have met Mr Moorhouse a couple of times at parent evenings as he taught my son Economics. Nice guy, intelligent, young and enthusiastic.

I hope the fact that he lives in Onchan doesn't go against him. I understand his reasoning as he is probably better known in Castletown from dealing with parents, and some his former pupils will be voting for the first time.

Has a good chance I think when compared to the other candidates.

Surely that should be the overiding fact that goes against him. He's meant to be representing Castletown as a whole not just the kids who he's taught. Why has he not stood in the town where he lives, if it is an issue based campaign. This looks like a job hunt pure and simple, he feels he would have more positive votes due to his teaching role in Castletown than he would if he was to attempt to win a seat in Onchan i assume. Shallow at best. You sir, know very little about our town!

Is it just me or are most people that stand work with in govenment at the moment.

seems a high number

Discounting existing MHKs (who by definition work in Government) I only count three candidates that work in government.

my mistake, thought it was more than that

Fifth Candidate:

http://www.manxradio.com/newsread.aspx?id=54279

Have met Mr Moorhouse a couple of times at parent evenings as he taught my son Economics. Nice guy, intelligent, young and enthusiastic.

I hope the fact that he lives in Onchan doesn't go against him. I understand his reasoning as he is probably better known in Castletown from dealing with parents, and some his former pupils will be voting for the first time.

Has a good chance I think when compared to the other candidates.

Surely that should be the overiding fact that goes against him. He's meant to be representing Castletown as a whole not just the kids who he's taught. Why has he not stood in the town where he lives, if it is an issue based campaign. This looks like a job hunt pure and simple, he feels he would have more positive votes due to his teaching role in Castletown than he would if he was to attempt to win a seat in Onchan i assume. Shallow at best. You sir, know very little about our town!

I have to say I'm not convinced about this. I spend more of my waking hours at work than I do at home (at least during week days) - I think it is easy to say that you have as much to do with the place in which you work as the place where you live.

Now wannabes from fucking Onchan are buzzing round Castletown like so many flies round a steaming turd. Wonder when that woman from the LVP will add Castletown to the ever-growing list of constituencies which have rejected her? Surely if she adds other areas to Douglas South one of them might let her join the club.

The sitting member stands down and suddenly every would-be gravy train rider and self-important pompous windbag who can't make a good enough living in the real world suddenly gets a dose of social conscience and selflessly puts themselves forward for (well-paid) public service.

Couple of simple questions.

If you care about the town so much, why weren't you candidates last time?

If you care so much, why didn't you come forward for the commisioners when the bollock-brain builder chucked his toys out of the pram? There had to be a second round of nominations and a threat to leave the vacant seat empty because none of you 'Oh, but I so care for Castletown' wankers actually wanted to do anything unless you got a fuck-off big salary, bonus cash for towing the council of ministers line and massive fucking pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

It's because none of you give a flying fuck about the town, you just see a chance to get into the golden pension club.

Utter, utter shower of shite and yet one of these witless fuckers is going to get their nose firmly in the trough.

Consequently, to arrest this outrageous, unacceptable distortion of the democratic process, to maintain constitutional reliability, and to safeguard due process, you will immediately be announcing your candidature, yes....?

Actually I would have to agree with the posters who suggest Mr Moorhouse has little chance !

He is young, highly articulate, very bright, honest and fully understands economics with enviable educational qualifications. Your'e right no good for Tynwald at all ,go on elect another window licker !!

Consequently, to arrest this outrageous, unacceptable distortion of the democratic process, to maintain constitutional reliability, and to safeguard due process, you will immediately be announcing your candidature, yes....?

How would that arrest the problem? I am looking, in hope more than expectation, for a candidate with substance, ideas and experience who can benefit the town and the Island rather than than someone who just wants the salary and the 'big fish, small pond' kudos of being an MHK. By standing myself, as someone completely unprepared for such an occupation, I would be adding to the problem rather than arresting it.

Or do you think you aren't allowed to criticise if you don't do it yourself? If that's the case we may as well shut manxforums down now.

How would that arrest the problem? I am looking, in hope more than expectation, for a candidate with substance, ideas and experience who can benefit the town and the Island rather than than someone who just wants the salary and the 'big fish, small pond' kudos of being an MHK. By standing myself, as someone completely unprepared for such an occupation, I would be adding to the problem rather than arresting it.

Or do you think you aren't allowed to criticise if you don't do it yourself? If that's the case we may as well shut manxforums down now.

Well, it may as well be shut down because quite frankly it's not criticism half the time, it's abuse. No wonder Manx Forums is not taken seriously reading the threads above.

Archived