General Election 2011 - Castletown

Declan

Surely that should be the overiding fact that goes against him. He's meant to be representing Castletown as a whole not just the kids who he's taught. Why has he not stood in the town where he lives, if it is an issue based campaign. This looks like a job hunt pure and simple, he feels he would have more positive votes due to his teaching role in Castletown than he would if he was to attempt to win a seat in Onchan i assume. Shallow at best. You sir, know very little about our town!

Just read hisPR in IOMToday. It really worries me that someone who makes a lot of his economics degree is not talking about the economy. Surely it is the BIG issue in this election?

Certainly getting 81 youngsters into training, saving £30,000 on bus fuel and central buying are things that can be done. But he seems to be totally out of touch with the big picture. He doesn't want to touch health, education and transport costs which are the big spenders. His ideas of 'political reform' are minor in the extreme. He is silent about where the money to make up the revenue shortfall is coming from.

He says he doesn't believe in sledge hammers. The problem is that it is not a little nut that has to be cracked but a massive deficit.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe Mr Patel is an excellent candidate for Castletown, always v. polite & helpful

Best candidate by far.

Is his shop not leased? If so he is probably not responsible for its appearance/state of repair. It suffered a fire a while back.

Guess why Mr Leather is not in favour of means testing re rent for local authority housing - buying votes?!!!!!!!!!!

I believe Mr Patel is an excellent candidate for Castletown, always v. polite & helpful

Best candidate by far.

Is his shop not leased? If so he is probably not responsible for its appearance/state of repair. It suffered a fire a while back.

Guess why Mr Leather is not in favour of means testing re rent for local authority housing - buying votes?!!!!!!!!!!

So it doesn't have anything to do with him currently living in Janets Corner with his partner who runs a catering business and Port Erin Cafe and him hoping for a 40k basic in the House of keys then??

Silly cynical old me!!!

He's a leach, down to using one of the Commissioners reserved parking bays whilst he's out posting his shitty little flyers, I always assumed they were for commissioners business only. A bit like asking commissioners to do private photocopying for you eh Colin....

As far as I see it down to Ronan V Moorhouse

i.e. fans of Cpt. Jack v The schoolkids

I hadn't thought about the schoolkids angle - presumably he (and his colleagues) can influence the sixth formers to vote for him because our voting age is 16. No wonder he stood in Castletown rather than Onchan - very smart! That's a hundred or so votes in the bag, presumably

I hadn't thought about the schoolkids angle - presumably he (and his colleagues) can influence the sixth formers to vote for him because our voting age is 16. No wonder he stood in Castletown rather than Onchan - very smart! That's a hundred or so votes in the bag, presumably

I suspect that is a tactic a lot of the younger new candidates will have to pursue if they want to get elected. Marketing to the youth vote the new folk on the block versus the BOFs. Need to get them to turn out to vote though. Will they be any better than the rest of us when it comes to casting the vote?

Significant downside is that if elected he no longer lives nor works there. It's a small island but putting say 12 miles distance from his constituents makes it very difficult to represent them.

However, much rather that scenario than someone who can't see the sense in means-testing...

Just been reading David Pownalls comments all over Facebook . Does he really need to be so aggressive. Really glad I don't live in Castletown anymore

er.....what is he on?

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000032186319&sk=wall

Also, the Hitler pisstakes are supposed to be funny - and they're out of fashion again anyway:

Verdict: Somewhere between Tool and Loon. Won't win.

Just been reading David Pownalls comments all over Facebook . Does he really need to be so aggressive. Really glad I don't live in Castletown anymore

er.....what is he on?

Also, the Hitler pisstakes are supposed to be funny - and they're out of fashion again anyway:

The scary prospect is that he is in the running - I'm wondering if he's not even trying to be funny with the Hitler stuff and he just has bad movie-shopping skills, otherwise that is a messed up sense of humour that has failed. The whole campaign looks pretty thin to be honest. Can you imagine, (forget his more memorable failings!!!) Tony Brown posting this sort of guff on forums or say facebook??!!

er.....what is he on?

The scary prospect is that he is in the running - I'm wondering if he's not even trying to be funny with the Hitler stuff and he just has bad movie-shopping skills, otherwise that is a messed up sense of humour that has failed. The whole campaign looks pretty thin to be honest. Can you imagine, (forget his more memorable failings!!!) Tony Brown posting this sort of guff on forums or say facebook??!!

Its almost like he is ranting on in a troll like fashion, all local authority issues. He is posting constantly, maybe to brain wash people??

I thought troll straight away, but then the badly worded leaflets and letters started appearing everywhere. Now the nominations are finalized he is a prospect that I don't even wish to imagine! very strange! still don't get the videos! Do MHK's get free therapy sessions?? could be the deal clincher.

I thought troll straight away, but then the badly worded leaflets and letters started appearing everywhere. Now the nominations are finalized he is a prospect that I don't even wish to imagine! very strange! still don't get the videos! Do MHK's get free therapy sessions?? could be the deal clincher.

Really looks like he could use some free therapy; he appears to be living in his own little world!

Archived